Nottingham University Business School
With campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia, The University of Nottingham has a global reputation for teaching and research excellence. The business schools on all three campuses are EQUIS-accredited by the European Foundation for Management.
Nottingham University Business School offers one of the largest selections of MSc degrees in the UK. Our courses will prepare you for senior positions in industry, commerce and the public sector, while providing a solid foundation for PhD research.
Our academic staff are among the leading researchers in their fields and our teaching is underpinned by their distinctive research. With students and staff from more than 150 countries, we offer a unique international experience with opportunities to establish valuable business relationships with global peers.
Suitable for graduates from both business and non-business academic backgrounds, many of our MSc courses are accredited and recognised by professional organisations.
- MSc Banking and Finance holds Chartered Banker Institute (CBI) accreditation – the gold standard for banking professionals – which means graduates gain a dual award and are entitled to call themselves a Chartered Banker.
- MSc Finance and Investment has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Programme and is also ranked in The Financial Times Masters in Finance Programmes 2016.
- MSc Human Resource Management and Organisation is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), offering graduates full exemption from their level 7 Advanced Diploma.
- MSc Marketing is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) and graduates receive a degree and a professional qualification which can give them a competitive edge.
- MSc Risk Management is recognised by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), the world’s leading professional body for insurance and financial services.
The Business School is situated on the University's modern Jubilee Campus, which was opened in 1999 by Her Majesty the Queen. Jubilee Campus is located very close to the centre of Nottingham – a cosmopolitan and vibrant city, regarded as one of the UK's most desirable places to study. Only two hours from London and with excellent transport links, Nottingham is easily accessible from the rest of the UK and Europe.
Rankings and reputation
- We are part of an elite group of AMBA and EQUIS-accredited business schools
- In the latest Research Excellence Framework, 70% of our research was rated world-leading or internationally excellent, ranking us 6th in the UK in terms of research power
- Our full-time MBA programme is ranked in The Economist MBA Global Top 100 2016
- Our Executive MBA is ranked 21st in the world, 2nd in the UK and 1st for salary increase after graduation in the latest Economist Executive MBA Ranking
- We have pioneered entrepreneurship teaching and research at Nottingham, and were awarded a Small Business Charter by the UK Government in recognition of our role in supporting and developing small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- Nottingham is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of universities and is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide in the most recent QS World University Rankings
Nottingham alumni include influential leaders from a range of fields and professions, including novelist and poet DH Lawrence, University Chancellor and CEO of GlaxoSmithKline, Sir Andrew Witty, and gold medal-winning Olympic athlete, Dr Deng Yaping.
This school offers programs in: