Southern Arkansas University “feels like home” with personalized tour visits, faculty and staff who care about student success, and a caring campus community. SAU also offers traditional and unique academic degree programs that are ranked nationally for quality and affordability.
Nestled in a quiet and beautiful part of south Arkansas, SAU is a great place to call home and to study a broad range of academic programs, including some unique offerings to the state and region. Along with boasting a complete college experience on campus, the University is a short drive from outdoor activities and is central to many regional hubs, such as Texarkana, Shreveport, Little Rock, etc.
Established in 1909, SAU has built on its dedication to student achievement and continues to grow, both on campus and online, with more than 80 degrees in four distinct colleges and the School of Graduate Studies.
The mission of Southern Arkansas University is to educate students for productive and fulfilling lives in a global environment by providing opportunities for intellectual growth, individual enrichment, skill development, and meaningful career preparation. The University believes in the worth of the individual and accepts its responsibility for developing in its students those values and competencies essential for effective citizenship in an ever-changing, free, and democratic society. Further, the University provides an environment conducive to excellence in teaching and learning, scholarship, creative endeavors, and service.
SAU is a quality, comprehensive, regional University expanding accessible and transformational learning experiences.
- Implement strategies that demonstrate student learning as the most important university experience.
- Insure the University Learning Goals and General Education Goals are achieved through a comprehensive assessment process.
- Recruit and retain diverse, well-qualified faculty and staff that support an environment of collegiality and academic excellence.
- Develop and implement enrollment management strategies that recruit students of character and academic promise.
- Improve retention and graduation of students.
- Establish strategic partnerships and initiatives to expand advancement and development of SAU.
Programs taught in: