The Mission of the College of Business and Public Administration at California State University San Bernardino is to create a student-centered learning community that prepares students to become productive members in business, government, and global society. We provide quality undergraduate and graduate programs that positively affect students' development as professionals. We place priority on excellence in teaching that is enhanced by the commitment of faculty to continuing professional development, intellectual contributions and service.
The faculty's intellectual contributions will primarily be a mix of applied research or contributions to practice and learning or pedagogical research. We serve a culturally and globally diverse student body by preparing the student to deal with a changing and diverse environment. Through community service, partnerships and initiatives, the College serves as an intermediary for the exchange of knowledge and expertise between the University, the regional community, and the larger world.
Community involvement with our programs on the San Bernardino and Palm Desert campuses results in internships and many service learning opportunities for our students. In turn, you may rely on our graduates to become your employees, and eventually your management team. We want to work with you in the development of a workforce and an economy that enables our region to attract and keep quality jobs. Maybe you've wondered what you can do. Here are ten things you can do now to support our mission as a student-centered learning community:
- Contribute to the College Excellence Fund
- Host a CBPA Alumni Networking event in your home or business
- Join Business Alliance for ongoing links to the College, its students and faculty
- Come on campus to speak with a small group of students in a weekly career advising session
- Contribute to the Student Scholarship Fund
- Volunteer to share your expertise by speaking in a class as "Prof for a Day"
- Mentor a student in a 10-week internship at your organization, consisting of 150-200 hours for 4 units of academic credit
- Nominate a deserving "Arrowhead Distinguished Executive" or "Spirit of Entrepreneurship" contender
- Ask for faculty to bring in a student team for a class project to tackle a practical challenge you face
- Serve on an advisory board in the College, or help to advise and mentor a student organization in your field
The College of Business and Public Administration at Cal State San Bernardino has produced over 16,000 graduates, over 65% of whom live in the Inland Empire, growing this booming economy of Southern California. The population is increasing rapidly, thereby giving our graduates ample opportunity to apply their entrepreneurial spirit in areas such as small business, distribution, MNCs and public service. WE GRADUATE COMMUNITY LEADERS!
In the last survey of business and public administration alumni, over 95% responded "Yes!" that they would recommend us to a friend or relative considering a program offered at CSUSB. Any organization would be proud of such a high approval rating. Prospective students, I invite you to visit our campus. It's beautiful! Take some time to hear about your opportunities to work closely with faculty and to polish your leadership skills through the many active student organizations. Your goals and our vision may well be the same match that it is for our current 2700 undergraduate and 500 graduate students.
Quality is the word to describe our 17 different undergraduate concentrations, the MBA, and the MPA, evidenced by dual accreditations: AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and NASPAA (National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration).
This school offers programs in: