The College of Business Administration at Cal Poly Pomona is an AACSB-International accredited institution committed to providing students with the knowledge, skills and experiences to become global leaders.
CBA offers undergraduate and graduate programs that have been heralded by U.S. News and World Report and the Princeton Review, respectively. Our bachelor of science degree in business administration includes eight concentrations that range from accounting to operations management to marketing along with several career tracks for those who are interested in a highly-specialized field of study. CBA integrates business education with meaningful hands-on learning opportunities that includes internships, community service and business competitions as well as our unique programs that we call Signature Experiences.
Professionals looking to advance their careers can pursue one of two CBA evening graduate programs – a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Science in Business Administration, a more technical degree for those who want to advance in the information assurance field.
Located in Southern California, CBA serves a highly diverse student body that reflects the global marketplace. We are proud to call ourselves a Hispanic-Serving Institution and we rank seventh nationally on the number of undergraduate business degrees awarded to minority students.
The College of Business Administration at Cal Poly Pomona is a diverse community of students, teacher-scholars, and staff, committed to active learning through the application of theory in practice. The College partners with its stakeholders to develop individuals with the skills and knowledge to be successful and to contribute in a dynamic global business environment.
The College of Business Administration will be the school of choice for high-achieving students seeking a challenging polytechnic environment and for industry leaders searching for talented employees. The College will be recognized for its cutting edge, learn-by-doing academic programs resulted in career focused, innovative problem solvers with effective communication skills. Graduate and undergraduate curricula will address the rapidly changing needs of the global business community while fostering ethical approaches to business challenges. Beyond classroom learning, academic and professional centers of excellence will serve as living laboratories for our diverse students and faculty and will be valuable resources for our community partners and industry leaders.
Through participating in curricular and co-curricular learning opportunities, the graduates of College of Business Administration will develop the following competencies:
Learning Goal #1
Students completing the BSBA program will be able to communicate effectively in a business environment.
- Students will demonstrate oral communication skills during group presentations.
- Students will demonstrate written communication skills by producing quality business documents.
Learning Goal #2
Students completing the BSBA program will be able to use critical thinking to make business decisions.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to identify key issues.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to find, read and evaluate information sources.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to use technology to gather and analyze data.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to solve problems using appropriate quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Students will acknowledge and consider each other’s opinions when participating in group decisions.
Learning Goal #3
Students completing the BSBA program will understand the impact of globalization and diversity on the business environment.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the implications of current global issues.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of cultural and diversity issues.
- Students will consider global issues when solving business problems.
Learning Goal #4
Students completing the BSBA program will be able to demonstrate knowledge of fundamental principles in all business disciplines and deal with business problems from an integrative perspective.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of concepts and basic terminology from all business disciplines.
- Students will understand how one functional area impacts another and apply an interdisciplinary approach when solving business problems.
Learning Goal #5
Students completing the BSBA program will be able to demonstrate awareness of the ethical and legal aspects of the business environment.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to recognize key aspects of ethical issues.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to distinguish between legal and ethical issues.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of ethical responsibilities in both academic and business environments.
This school offers programs in: