As a leading US Medical School in the Caribbean, AUIS School of Medicine attracts international students, matching them in medical residency programs in the US and Canada over our 20-year history. As a medical school that does not require the MCAT, we view admissions and teaching through a holistic lens. Students with top grades and a solid interview mean more to us than standardized tests results - the desire to heal, and prevent disease as well as a disciplined approach to study are the cornerstones of success at AUIS.
With an excess of 1000+ alumni licensed in the United States and Canada and one of the most affordable medical school tuition structures, AUIS provides an amazing environment, allowing students to thrive and develop their knowledge and skills in the beauty of our Barbados located Medical University. With advanced USMLE Step and MCCEE preparation, 11:1 student faculty ratio small class sizes, and a systems-based US curriculum, students at the American University of Integrated Sciences enjoy the perfect setting to prepare for US and Canadian hospital based clinical rotations and Residency. Apply or contact us today to learn why we are the best value in medical education and a top option for any student looking for a US medical school experience in the Caribbean to study medicine abroad.
20 Years of Success in Residency Match
Our students have been Matching in new and some of the same residencies for nearly 20 years. Our long history of successful students means a network of Residency support.
Our tuition is $6,600/ Semester for the US, Canadians and CARICOM citizens with a 3.0 GPA coming from college. We are the best value among Caribbean medical schools
Small Class Sizes and a Personalized approach
AUIS maintains the smallest class sizes in the Caribbean, allowing less lecturing and more hands-on training. We prepare students for clinical course work in the year one and our 11:1 Student to Faculty ratio is the best in the Caribbean.
Reasons to Choose AUIS
- Highly Experienced Faculty all holding MD’s, Ph.D.’s or both
- Small Class Sizes with 11:1 Student-to-Faculty Ratio
- No MCAT Required
- Low Tuition Fees & Low Cost of Living
- Work with Simulated Patients in the First Week Among the Most Supportive & Largest Clinical Hospital Rotation Experiences
What to Expect at AUIS
- Graduates match at residency programs in the USA and Canada
- Training MD’s since 1999 with over 1000 Graduates practicing
- 2 Years of Basic Science in Beautiful Barbados, low cost of living
- 2 Years Clinical Science Rotations in the US, UK or Canadian Hospitals
- Low tuition fees, Great locations, and Powerful teaching methods
- United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) High Pass Rates
- You can sit the US USMLE or Canada MCCEE or UK PLUB Exam
- We have Total Student Care, Welfare and Support in their Studies, housing, food, transport, and leisure
Mission and Education Philosophy
To educate and inspire leadership in health outcome-centric clinical practice by embracing cultural and social accountability and a commitment to the integrative practice of medicine.
Roadmap to Our Future
AUIS has a vision for a healthier world by building a foundation of physicians trained in the integrative practice of medicine. Every day, the faculty and staff of AUIS School of Medicine work collaboratively and tirelessly to secure a future in which everyone enjoys a healthy life.
Our aspiration is to:
- Be recognized as a center of excellence in medical education
- To lead in the development of cohesive clinical care physicians
- To lead in the teaching of cohesive clinical care, combining the disciplined integration of western allopathic medicine and quantifiable healing modalities from the various cultures of the world into a singular comprehensive health delivery system
- Medical education to include principles and practices of integrative medicine by training medical students in evidence-based complementary and alternative modalities in addition to traditional modern medicine.
- To produce real-world health professionals with fiscal and social accountability in health care delivery. To teach true sustainability through practice and development of sustainable utilization of resources and infrastructure.
- Creating excellence in people while embracing diversity to create an environment where all people feel included, valued, celebrated and respected.
- Developing a collaborative organizational culture through strategic alliances with institutions and organizations that align in philosophy. Promotion of a culture that fosters a collaborative, respectful, diverse and effective organization at all levels.
- Provide leadership in academic medicine, shape and create a healthcare environment that better services patient diversity with personalized healthcare delivery.
- Clinical and education research to increase the scope and quality of our research.
- Expand the strategic use of innovative technology to enhance learning opportunity.
Values, Virtues, and Principles
The following ideals are central to the practice of medicine and it is anticipated that AUIS medical students will strive to:
- Respect the dignity and intrinsic value of every individual, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender, socio-economic background, sexual orientation, religious belief, or political affiliation.
- Respect faculty, fellow students, patients, and other individuals interacting with the medical school community.
- Place the interests and needs of others, especially the sick and the disadvantaged, above self-interest. Understand that the ability to share in the experiences of others – especially, the suffering of the sick which is critical to the work of healing.
- Speak and act in ways that testify to, and support our values and principles.
- Recognize that care for patients demands the integration and coordination of the talents, knowledge, and skills of all members of the health care team.
- Be willing to accept and acknowledge shortcomings, as well as successes.
- Commit oneself to responsibility and accountability for both current and lifelong learning.
- Endeavor to improve knowledge and skill, both within and beyond the learning environment.
- Acknowledge the limits of both science and practice, and continuously work to expand those limits.
- The World Health Organization lists AUIS on the World Directory of Medical Schools
- St Maarten – https://search.wdoms.org/home/SchoolDetail/F0000410
- Barbados – https://search.wdoms.org/home/SchoolDetail/F0004594
- AUIS students are eligible to sit for the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) given under the direction of the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- As of October 2018, AUIS has undergone 2 site visits by the BAC, Barbados Accreditation Council.
- As of June 2018, AUIS has submitted all required paperwork for a CAAM-HP official accrediting visit
- AUIS is listed in the Europa World Book of Learning
- AUIS is Chartered on the island of Sint Maarten
- AUIS is Chartered on the island of Barbados
- AUIS Graduates are eligible to participate in the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) and the Canadian Resident Matching Service (CaRMS)
30084 Tucker, Georgia, USA
#9 5th Avenue Belleville
St. Michael, Barbados
Bridgetown, Saint Michael, Barbados