WHO WE ARE
Holsby is an international Bible school and camp & retreat center located in southern Sweden. We are one of 25 such centers globally and are affiliated with Torchbearers International, an interdenominational Christian ministry. Our mission is to provide the biblical, experiential and relational context for lives to be changed by Jesus. We are centered in Christ, rooted in Scripture, engaged in discipleship and joined in community.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Our statement of faith is that of Torchbearers International, of which we are a member school:
- God is the triune God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Lord Jesus Christ is God’s Son being one with the Father. All things are created by Him and for Him.
- Through the action of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary, He became man.
- He was without sin and of His free will, and by His sacrificial death upon the Cross, He brought about salvation for this fallen world.
- He is the only mediator between God and man, and by accepting His salvation through faith, man is justified from his sins and receives forgiveness and eternal life.
- Jesus Christ is risen bodily from the dead.
- Jesus Christ will return to deliver just judgment and to bring all things to completion.
- The Holy Spirit is God in unity with the Father and the Son.
- Through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ comes to dwell within those who accept Him through faith. Through the presence of the Holy Spirit, a person becomes a new creature, and is being transformed into the likeness of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus Christ adds those who believe in Him to his Body. This is His church on earth, of which He is the Head.
- The Bible is, in its entirety, the revelation of God for mankind, inspired by the Holy Spirit.
“…we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well…”
—1 Thessalonians 2:8
It is our privilege as staff to invest in the lives of people the Lord brings to Holsby each year. Whether it be through discussions in the classroom, late-night chats in the dorm, serving side-by-side in the kitchen, or dangling high off the ground in the ropes course, we look forward to getting to know the guests the Lord brings here and seeing their lives impacted by Christ.
Brunnsgården is Holsby's main building with a large dining room seating up to 120 people, a reading lounge, computer room, main offices, kitchen and other facilities. The guest rooms on the upper floor of Brunnsgården serve as the women's dormitory during the Bible school year.
The chapel is where Sunday morning services are held as well as all the lectures during the week. An upstairs lounge called the Bik is equipped with a Foosball table, couches and a kiosk where refreshments can be purchased.
Ekhaga is our male student residence during the school year, and houses visiting camp and retreat groups during the summer. Each room sleeps two to four people, with shared toilets and showers down the hall. Built in the 1880s, the building has been recently renovated and features a cozy gathering area with couches and fireplace. Ekhaga also houses the Holsby weight room.
This building, dating back to the mid-1800s, is the oldest structure on campus. It is now used as a staff/intern residence and occasionally a student dormitory. Downstairs is a community living room and kitchen. Each room has 1-4 beds, a sink, and some have a toilet as well. Extra toilet facilities and showers are located in the hall.
Sports & Recreation
Holsby has many recreational facilities and activities to offer. Students can use the athletic field in their free time, play football or ultimate Frisbee. In the fall and spring terms, the high ropes course is open for the students. Canoeing, hiking and rock climbing are also available. Holsby has a weight room, as well as a basketball and tennis court for the use of the students.
570 15 Vetlanda SO, Jonkoping County, Sweden