Al Yamamah University (YU) was established in May 2001 as a single college by the Al-Khudair family. This marked their second major contribution to education in Saudi Arabia, having pioneered the establishment of the first private schools in Riyadh in 1957. Authorized as an institution of higher learning by the Ministry of Higher Education, Al Yamamah College opened its doors to male students in September 2004 and to female students in September 2006. In 2008, the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, may Allah protect him, issued a royal decree approving the elevation of Al Yamamah College to university status, the culmination of eight years of planning and hard work to establish a distinctive, modern Saudi educational institution that provides both undergraduate and postgraduate education. Since its inception, the University has established itself at the forefront of the competition among private higher education institutions in the Kingdom using English as a medium for instruction.
Al-Yamamah University is located north of Riyadh, on the Al-Qassim Highway, and occupies an area of 160,000 square meters. It was designed in accordance with the latest standards for educational institutions. The men’s campus consists of the central academic building, the grand auditorium, main library, students’ lounge, sports club and a mosque. In addition, from its inception, Al-Yamamah University has been committed to providing female students with educational opportunities that prepare them for their vital role in the emerging Saudi labor market. The women’s campus is the fruit of that commitment, with a state-of-the-art campus featuring modern facilities – both academic and recreational – that are fully equivalent to those enjoyed on the men’s campus. Built at a total cost of 300 million Saudi Riyals (approximately US$ 80 million), the University’s ultra-modern campus provides state-of-the-art facilities and innovative instructional designs and curricula offered by faculty from around the world.
Since its inception, Al Yamamah College (now Al Yamamah University) has realized the key role that the English language plays in today’s world of business, knowledge and technology and has taken a strategic decision to offer its programs in English. With that in mind, YU started a long-term partnership with the US-based INTERLINK Language Centers to provide the English language preparation program for Al Yamamah students. Following the project-based, student centered approach and with a highly-qualified teaching staff, Saudi INTERLINK Language Centers (SILC) have been providing the Orientation English language program since 2004 to equip students with the English language and other academic skills they need to succeed in the academic context at YU and beyond.
Al Yamamah University offers undergraduate and graduate programs in three colleges: the College of Business Administration (COBA), the College of Computer & Information Systems (CCIS) and College of Engineering and Architecture(CEA).
Al Yamamah University provides academic instruction and professional training of the highest standard that impart to its students a life-long dedication to learning and self-development, while enabling rising generations to shape a future marked by positive social and economic progress
Al Yamamah University aspires to be the foremost Saudi educational institution renowned for its effective preparation of creative and entrepreneurial professionals who are consistently in high demand by leading public and private sector organisations.
- Faithfulness to our religious, ethical and cultural heritage
- Support and encouragement of scientific research
- Creativity, innovation and a commitment to excellence
- Professionalism and dedication to continual improvement
- Credibility and teamwork
- An institution of higher education marked by intellectual rigor and committed to the expansion of knowledge, offering programs of instruction and practical training in professional disciplines of critical need
- English as the language of instruction providing enhanced access to global knowledge sources while developing in-demand communications skills and highly transferable professional capabilities
- Al Yamamah University actively develops and nurtures partnerships with leading educational and research institutes to encourage faculty and student exchange and the transfer of knowledge and expertise
- Committed to achieving national, regional and international standards of excellence as evidenced by institutional and specialized program accreditation
- Works to establish close ties with key representatives from the industrial and service sectors in order to identify and respond to their emerging needs
- Seeks to recruit highly-qualified international faculty and staff with academic credentials from recognized leading institutions of higher learning
- We subject our programs and curricula to continual review, ensuring that they reflect the current state of the art in their various disciplines while being ready to expand curricula or develop new programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels in response to community needs
- Comprehensive application of quality assurance standards and principles in all fields
- Encourage scientific research with specific application to community development needs
This school offers programs in: