The Institute of Computer Science is part of the Polish Academy of Sciences which is ranked 33rd in the world in the Scimago Institutions Ranking. The Director of the Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences (IPI PAN) is Professor Jacek Koronacki. Another governing body of the Institute is the Scientific Council which is chaired by Professor Andrzej Tarlecki. The Institute teaches a variety of postgraduate programs in Polish, the MBA – Innovation and Data Analysis program run in cooperation with the Woodbury School of Business Utah Valley University (USA) in English, and the PhD in Contemporary Informatics program, also in English. The Institute has two Departments: Department of Theoretical Foundations of Computer Science (Head of the Department Professor Wojciech Penczek), and Department Of Artificial Intelligence (Head of the Department Professor Jan Mielniczuk). The Department of Theoretical Foundations of Computer Science’s main research activities lay in the following areas:
- Computer Architecture
- Web Services Technology
- Computing Systems Theory
- Theory of Distributed Systems.
The Department Of Artificial Intelligence specializes in the fields of
- Statistical Analysis and Modelling
- Linguistic Engineering
- Foundations of Artificial Intelligence
- Game and Decision Theory.
The Institute’s major types of scientific activities include:
- Research projects (e.g. evidential reasoning, knowledge acquisition and representation, statistical and biologically motivated learning paradigms, decision theory)
- Conferences (e.g. International Conference on Language Processing and Intelligent Information Systems, International Joint Conference on Security and Intelligent Information Systems, International Conference on Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications)
- Publications (more than 150 articles, book chapters, monographs and books each year).
What we intend to do
The Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences is determined to maintain the high level of research and academic activities for which it is acclaimed both domestically and internationally. It boasts the A categorization of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Poland. It is also listed as an H+ (the highest classification) institution of higher education in the German Anabin database. The Institute intends to further its international cooperation regarding study programs as well as research projects and joint grants.
This school offers programs in: