Luiss – Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali Guido Carli – is an independent university. It was created out of a pre-existing Roman institution, Pro Deo, between 1974 and 1978.
Luiss offers an innovative educational approach at its four Departments: Economics and Finance, Business and Management, Law, and Political Science. Its goal is not simply to convey knowledge but to instill flexibility in young people, giving them a sense of mastery over their future.
Furthermore, Luiss has four Schools for graduate and professional studies: the Luiss Business School, the School of Government, the School of Law, and the School of European Political Economy.
Hallmarks of the Luiss approach
- Set numbers (1620 students for bachelor's programs and 1000 for master's degree programs in 2017-2018)
- Admissions entrance test
- Obligatory full-time attendance
- Distinguished teaching staff from the academic world, with a high level of professional experience
- Intensive study of foreign languages and IT
- A rich and specialized library with a catalog that can be consulted on the University’s web site
- An extensive network of international exchange programs at 197 universities, both within and outside of Europe in 39 countries. Luiss also offers its students the opportunity to study abroad: 25 Double Degrees and structured partnerships.
- Orientation for high school students
- Help from qualified tutors for the entire duration of the degree program and internship
- Seminars, debates, and exchanges on important topics that integrate the material taught during the academic year
Links with businesses
What distinguishes Luiss is its privileged relationship with the business world.
Over 500 companies, multinationals, and public and private institutions collaborate with the University, offering its degree candidates and new graduates their first real opportunities to step foot in the business world.
The Luiss Career Services Office provides students with multiple opportunities to meet people in the business world and learn with them. This orientation and educational service facilitate the placement of degree candidates and new graduates in the business world with internships and training at companies and at public and private institutions. It also sets up recurring meetings and presentations with major multinationals, investment banks, and public and private organizations and institutions.
00197 Rome, Lazio, Italy