Welcome to Germany’s #1 Business School
As part of the prestigious University of Mannheim, we offer world-class management education for all career stages - both on an individual and an organizational level.
Business education “Made in Germany”. Since its foundation in 2005, Mannheim Business School (MBS) has become one of the leading institutions for management education in Europe. It is part of the Business School of the University of Mannheim, whose history traces back to the early 20th century and which is the undisputed #1 in Germany when it comes to educating future business leaders. It is this foundation that has made Mannheim Business School the extraordinary success story that it is.
Lifelong learning – this is no longer a mere catchphrase in the business world, but an absolute imperative. Mannheim Business School unites the activities of the University of Mannheim and its Business School under a single organizational umbrella. With its roughly 50 employees, it is responsible for the organization and marketing of the school's management education programs. Academic responsibility rests with the professors of the Business School of the University of Mannheim. Degrees are granted by the University of Mannheim.
Mannheim Business School is a non-profit Ltd. corporation (gGmbH) owned by the University of Mannheim (25%) and the Prechel Foundation (75%), of which all of the professors in the Business School of the University of Mannheim are stakeholders.
What's Important to Us
Mannheim Business School embodies diversity in ways that few organizations can match. At the same time, we are united by a common mission, vision, objectives and values. They form the basis of our daily work and our dedication to fulfilling the highest standards in all areas.
Our mission statement acts as a guide. Together, the employees of Mannheim Business School have also defined five central corporate values that play a major role in how we select, evaluate and foster the development of staff members. We place particular importance on the value of responsibility. It is a central theme throughout our organization and informs our actions, research and teaching as well as the actions of our participants.
Looking back at more than 100 years of experience in research and education in Business, the Business School of the University of Mannheim has committed itself to the following Mission:
Faculty & Research
As research-focused institution, we are dedicated to produce innovative, internationally visible research with the highest possible impact on scholarship, education, and practice.
Education & Students
As full service provider offering the full spectrum of demanding programs (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D., MBA, EMBA, and Executive Education), we prepare our students for careers in business and academia, providing them with knowledge and skills. We expose them to intellectual and personal challenges in order to foster their mature and independent personalities.
Academic & Corporate World
As member of a profiled network of academic institutions and corporate partners, we enrich our research and teaching through close interaction between theory and practice, and thus ensure the relevance for business and society.
In all three fields above, we strive for highest possible standards, not only at national but increasingly also at international level.
The School aims to continuously advance its core activities – research, teaching, and knowledge transfer – through the following means:
- To further develop the School by consistent expansion of faculty and by selective growth of our student body and infrastructure
- To gain additional autonomy and flexibility to further develop and internationalize the School
- To improve the School’s efficiency and implementation of governance structure and strategy process
The following values support and guide us in achieving our Mission and our Vision:
- Academic freedom and ambition
- Innovation and critical thinking
- Quality and integrity
- Rigor and relevance
To ensure the best possible research and learning environment we behave with:
Our Business School aims to realize its Mission, Vision, and Values through the following actions:
Faculty & Research
- Recruiting and retaining high-quality faculty
- Fostering interdisciplinary research, taking advantage of being a university-based business school
- Attracting the most talented and motivated students
- Broadening the potential of our students by
- Developing their specific knowledge and relating it to neighboring disciplines
- Enhancing their personal skills as well as intercultural competence and critical thinking
- Enabling them "to learn how to learn," i.e., how to approach and solve future problems
- Increasing their awareness and understanding of social responsibility
- Maintaining and expanding a high-profile international network of academic partner institutions and individual contacts to provide a worldwide research and teaching environment
- Collaborating closely with corporate partners in order to enrich the School’s fruitful dialog between the academic and the corporate world
This school offers programs in: