Providing Higher Education Based on Science and the Best International Experience in Medical Field
David Tvildiani Medical University is the first non-governmental highest educational medical institution in Georgia established by Academician David Tvildiani and Dr. Dimitri Tvildiani in 1989.
In1992/1993, the AIETI Medical School started functioning under the patronage of Acad. David Tvildiani and Dr. Dimitri Tvildiani. It is one of the first non-governmental higher medical education institutions in Georgia. Since 2011 “AIETI” Medical School was renamed after the academician David Tvildiani in David Tvildiani Medical University (DTMU).
DTMU (AIETI) is included into the WHO AVICENNA Directory for medicine, and it is a member of the: Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE) and Organization for Ph.D. Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System (ORPHEUS).
The AIETI Medical School at David Tvildiani Medical University has the Faculty of General Medicine with two MD undergraduate programs. The first MD program mainly is structured as a system-oriented. The second MD e-PBL program is an accredited new program, which has been developed in the framework of ERASMUS+ project „Establishment of the Supra-Regional Network of the National Centers in Medical Education, focused on PBL and Virtual Patients“.
The duration of the educational process lasts for 6 years. It consists of three stages: Basic Medical Science (2.5 years), Clinical Science (2.5 years), Pre-diploma Specialization (Clinical Clerkship – one year).
The study programs entirely comply with US Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) requirements.
The absolute majority of the graduates have been employed in the professional field, while many more successfully passed the international exams ( USMLE, PLAB, MCI ) and are currently developing their skills at hospitals and research centers of the USA, Germany, Britain, Sweden and other developed countries.
Providing higher education based on science and the best international experience in medicine.
During the fulfillment of the mission, the educational institution is guided by the following five principles:
- Continuous improvement of teaching, learning, research and management quality;
- Realization of the abilities of the students and academic personnel;
- Facilitate the creation process of an optimal environment for teaching and research;
- Increase the role of the institution at the national, regional and international level in the field of medicine;
- To contribute to creating a community based on education.
- Teaching quality. Development of educational programs and increase of integration quality.
- Research quality. Development of the university scientific environment through intellectual and material resources.
- Quality of human resources. Promote the professional growth of existing academic staff; Attract new resources
- Quality of leadership and management. Continuous improvement of leadership, management, and administration.
- Collaboration. Maintaining and enhancing cooperation at national, European and international levels.
- Effective use of financial resources. Improving the quality of Medical Doctor’s, purpose and rationality of directing financial resources.
- Infrastructure and environment. Improvement of the university academic environment; Development of the educational, scientific, informational base.
- Students' involvement/participation. Facilitate direct involvement of students in the life of the institution and their active participation.
- Internationalization of experience. Supporting involvement in international cultural dialogue.
- Public relations. Service for people by increasing quality of life, cultural strength and intellectual capital.
- Establishing positions on a national and international level. Obtain the reputation of a high-quality university at the national and international level.
- Culture f Quality. Development of a culture of quality should become the main goal: Expansion of quality assurance procedures, including in connection with the formal strategic planning process of the higher education institution.
0159 Tbilisi, Tbilisi, Georgia