Part time MBA in
Professional MBA Project Management WU Executive Academy - Vienna University of Economics and Business
With projects we create the future! The Professional MBA Project Management provides executives with up-to-date tools and key expertise to optimize their project management - from commencement to a successful conclusion. From project stakeholder-orientation and organizational design to agile and hybrid approaches and projects for digital transformation, the expert faculty shares deep insights, tested methodologies and helps develop the polished social skills that project managers and leaders need to deliver value, sustainable results, and lead their teams to success.
- 18 months plus a master thesis, part-time
- Blocked Modules of 4 - 8 days
Hot spots in Europe or US
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
What requirements do I have to meet to be admitted for an MBA at the WU Executive Academy?
If you apply, we will carefully assess your
- academic background,
- your work experience, and your
- interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
In general, we expect you to have to have a solid career progression and the commitment to pursue an MBA next to your busy schedule.
You need at least an undergraduate university degree (e.g. bachelor degree) for our MBA programs. Furthermore, we require a minimum work experience of 3 years (5 years for the Executive MBA) together with an excellent knowledge of the program language (English or German).
How do I apply for an MBA at the WU Executive Academy?
- Online application: In order to apply for an MBA you need to fill out our online application form and pay the application fee of EUR 200 via credit card.
- Document submission: After that, you will be asked to e-mail all required documents. Our program managers check them regarding the applicable admission requirements.
- Admission interview: If you are a prospective student, you will be invited to a personal interview with the academic director and the program manager.
- Admission decision: Shortly after the interview, you will receive our decision. If you are admitted, we will send you important instructions on how to secure your MBA spot. Do you want feedback on your profile before starting the application? Simply send your curriculum vitae to [email protected]
If you have any further questions, please consider our frequently asked questions here: https://executiveacademy.at/en/information-for/future-students/faq
Theory & methods in project management
Designed around the specific requirements of executives, the specialization places particular emphasis on the application of theoretical concepts and methods to real-world situations encountered by students in their everyday professional practice, and on practical project work.
- Business Core
- Project Management Methods & Trends
- Project Organization & Risk Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Project Leadership
- Project Controlling
- Project Management Process & International Approaches
- Agile and Hybrid approaches
- Managing Project-Oriented Organizations
- Change Management, Projects, Programs
- International faculty from the WU Vienna and other leading business schools
- Distinguished guest speakers from leading corporations and organizations
Find more information on our website.
Besides our triple-accreditation of AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS (which only less than 1% of all business schools worldwide can proudly claim), the WU Executive Academy is consistently ranked among the best universities in Europe and worldwide by various organizations.
Financial Times Executive MBA Ranking 2021
- # 34 worldwide
- # 11 in EU
- # 2 in DACH
- International course experience
- # 10 worldwide
- # 4 in EU
- # 1 in DACH
- Participants' work experience
- # 11 worldwide
- # 4 in EU
- # 1 in DACH
You can find all rankings and achievements on our website.
Scholarships and Funding
The WU Executive Academy offers a wide range of partial scholarships for applicants for whom financing the tuition fee is a challenge, regardless of their residence or citizenship. Moreover, we have been supporting women in their professional development for many years, thus we additionally offer a "Female Leaders" scholarship that is open to all female applicants.
Scholarships are awarded on a case-by-case basis. The admission committee decides whether and to what extent a scholarship will be granted by evaluating:
- Submitted application documents
- Performance in the admission interview
- Potential contribution to peer-learning in class
- Financial situation (income, costs for logistics, etc.)
- Leadership potential
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Career goals and motivation
- Personal circumstances
You can find detailed information about all different scholarships, including the maximum amount, on our website.
In addition, there are further financing options possible, including employer sponsorship, payments by installments, or early bird reductions. You can find an overview of all opportunities here.
- Project and program managers who want to deepen and refresh their knowledge
- Technical experts and engineers who are eager to enhance their leadership and management skills
- Executives and managers who are in charge of developing project management capabilities, or who are responsible for making change and transformation happen in their organizations
- Management trainers and consultants who wish to update and enhance their knowledge
- Executives and employees in the public sector or in the consulting business
Take a look at our our class profiles.