Part time MBA in
Professional MBA Finance WU Executive Academy - Vienna University of Economics and Business
Succeed in the dynamic field of finance
The Professional MBA Finance is a cutting-edge program providing theoretical expertise, analytical know-how, and practical management tools to enable executives to succeed in the dynamic, globalized field of finance. The curriculum has been specifically designed around the implementation of applicable content and is taught by an international faculty of top experts from the finance sector. This MBA will expand participants‘ expertise as well as hone both their financial intuition and the necessary flexibility to react quickly and appropriately to the future evolution in this vital sector. The broad range of content allows graduates to take up various positions in finance - an asset to their employer and a vital career benefit.
- 18 months, part-time (blocked modules)
- Modules of 4 - 8 days
- International Residency
- Master thesis
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Vienna University of Economics and Business
What requirements do I have to meet to be admitted for an MBA at the WU Executive Academy?
If you apply, we will carefully assess your
- academic background,
- your work experience, and your
- interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
In general, we expect you to have to have a solid career progression and the commitment to pursue an MBA next to your busy schedule.
You need at least an undergraduate university degree (e.g. bachelor degree) for our MBA programs. Furthermore, we require a minimum work experience of 3 years (5 years for the Executive MBA) together with an excellent knowledge of the program language (English or German).
How do I apply for an MBA at the WU Executive Academy?
- Online application: In order to apply for an MBA you need to fill out our online application form and pay the application fee of EUR 200 via credit card.
- Document submission: After that, you will be asked to e-mail all required documents. Our program managers check them regarding the applicable admission requirements.
- Admission interview: If you are a prospective student, you will be invited to a personal interview with the academic director and the program manager.
- Admission decision: Shortly after the interview, you will receive our decision. If you are admitted, we will send you important instructions on how to secure your MBA spot. Do you want feedback on your profile before starting the application? Simply send your curriculum vitae to [email protected]
If you have any further questions, please consider our frequently asked questions here: https://executiveacademy.at/en/information-for/future-students/faq
- Portfolio Investment & Management
- Applied Financial Risk Management & Corporate Hedging
- Valuation & Topics in Investment Banking
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Behavioral Finance
- Professors from WU Vienna and other renowned international business schools
- Distinguished guest speakers from leading corporations and organizations
Find more information on our website.
Besides our triple-accreditation of AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS (which only less than 1% of all business schools worldwide can proudly claim), the WU Executive Academy is consistently ranked among the best universities in Europe and worldwide by various organizations.
Financial Times Executive MBA Ranking 2021
- # 34 worldwide
- # 11 in EU
- # 2 in DACH
- International course experience
- # 10 worldwide
- # 4 in EU
- # 1 in DACH
- Participants' work experience
- # 11 worldwide
- # 4 in EU
- # 1 in DACH
You can find all rankings and achievements on our website.
Scholarships and Funding
The WU Executive Academy offers a wide range of partial scholarships for applicants for whom financing the tuition fee is a challenge, regardless of their residence or citizenship. Moreover, we have been supporting women in their professional development for many years, thus we additionally offer a "Female Leaders" scholarship that is open to all female applicants.
Scholarships are awarded on a case-by-case basis. The admission committee decides whether and to what extent a scholarship will be granted by evaluating:
- Submitted application documents
- Performance in the admission interview
- Potential contribution to peer-learning in class
- Financial situation (income, costs for logistics, etc.)
- Leadership potential
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Career goals and motivation
- Personal circumstances
You can find detailed information about all different scholarships, including the maximum amount, on our website.
In addition, there are further financing options possible, including employer sponsorship, payments by installments, or early bird reductions. You can find an overview of all opportunities here.
- High potentials working as or seeking to become financial managers in non-financial companies (e.g. corporate treasurers, CFOs)
- Managers in international financial institutions, central banks, banks, government institutions, corporate finance departments, investment bankers, financial advisors
- Persons aiming for senior positions in financial, consulting or industrial firms, commerce, public services or in venture capital, private equity firms, legal firms and regulatory bodies
React quickly to evolution in the finance sector
At the end of the formal Professional MBA Finance program, participants will travel to Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, to work for one week in association with the Weatherhead Center for International Affairs, Harvard University’s largest international social-sciences research centre.
Carefully structured to encourage the highest level of personal and intellectual interaction among a diverse community of scholars and practitioners, the Center is poised to assist the Professional MBA Finance program and its students in carrying out dialogue on issues of common concern with local scholars and other experts.
Find career stories on our website.