Part time MBA in
Professional MBA Entrepreneurship & Innovation WU Executive Academy - Vienna University of Economics and Business
Combining Business & Technology
In an accelerating, technology-driven, global economy, a company’s ability to evolve and to innovate constantly, to seize opportunities and respond to developments no longer constitutes a strategic advantage. It is now a business requirement. The Professional MBA Entrepreneurship & Innovation communicates those skills and techniques behind entrepreneurial thought and action, imparting expertise and thought processes that enable managers and entrepreneurs to make crucial decisions and compete successfully. Participants will also actually apply their newly acquired skills. In the course of the „Study your own project“ track, teams of 3-5 students will identify, evaluate, and plan to exploit innovative business opportunities.
18 months plus master thesis; Part-time, blocked modules In order to optimally combine study and work, the lectures will be held in blocks for several days. The tuition takes place each day from 9.00 a.m. until 6.00 p.m. In addition, discussions, lectures, and informal talks will be offered by guest speakers from the industry.
A field study to Silicon Valley
The academic degree “Master of Business Administration (MBA)”
What requirements do I have to meet to be admitted for an MBA at the WU Executive Academy?
If you apply, we will carefully assess your
- academic background,
- your work experience, and your
- interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
In general, we expect you to have to have a solid career progression and the commitment to pursue an MBA next to your busy schedule.
You need at least an undergraduate university degree (e.g. bachelor degree) for our MBA programs. Furthermore, we require a minimum work experience of 3 years (5 years for the Executive MBA) together with an excellent knowledge of the program language (English or German).
How do I apply for an MBA at the WU Executive Academy?
- Online application: In order to apply for an MBA you need to fill out our online application form and pay the application fee of EUR 200 via credit card.
- Document submission: After that, you will be asked to e-mail all required documents. Our program managers check them regarding the applicable admission requirements.
- Admission interview: If you are a prospective student, you will be invited to a personal interview with the academic director and the program manager.
- Admission decision: Shortly after the interview, you will receive our decision. If you are admitted, we will send you important instructions on how to secure your MBA spot. Do you want feedback on your profile before starting the application? Simply send your curriculum vitae to [email protected]
If you have any further questions, please consider our frequently asked questions here: https://executiveacademy.at/en/information-for/future-students/faq
Besides our triple-accreditation of AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS (which only less than 1% of all business schools worldwide can proudly claim), the WU Executive Academy is consistently ranked among the best universities in Europe and worldwide by various organizations.
Financial Times Executive MBA Ranking 2021
- # 34 worldwide
- # 11 in EU
- # 2 in DACH
- International course experience
- # 10 worldwide
- # 4 in EU
- # 1 in DACH
- Participants' work experience
- # 11 worldwide
- # 4 in EU
- # 1 in DACH
You can find all rankings and achievements on our website.
The program provides the appropriate skills and techniques and thereby teaches entrepreneurial thinking and acting. The faculty members are internationally renowned experts.
This MBA is an important step in the transfer of cutting-edge knowledge and management skills at the highest international level.
Scholarships and Funding
The WU Executive Academy offers a wide range of partial scholarships for applicants for whom financing the tuition fee is a challenge, regardless of their residence or citizenship. Moreover, we have been supporting women in their professional development for many years, thus we additionally offer a "Female Leaders" scholarship that is open to all female applicants.
Scholarships are awarded on a case-by-case basis. The admission committee decides whether and to what extent a scholarship will be granted by evaluating:
- Submitted application documents
- Performance in the admission interview
- Potential contribution to peer-learning in class
- Financial situation (income, costs for logistics, etc.)
- Leadership potential
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Career goals and motivation
- Personal circumstances
You can find detailed information about all different scholarships, including the maximum amount, on our website.
In addition, there are further financing options possible, including employer sponsorship, payments by installments, or early bird reductions. You can find an overview of all opportunities here.
The specialization is ideal for people with an entrepreneurial mindset who seek peers with diverse backgrounds (industries, nationalities, cultures) but a shared innovation spirit:
- Entrepreneurs, executives and high-potentials with a focus on innovation, strategy, and R&D
- Individuals with engineering, science, IT, management, or another academic background
- People who sense a need for systematic management education to realize their ultimate career goals
Take a look at our class profile.