Part time MBA in
Professional MBA Energy Management WU Executive Academy - Vienna University of Economics and Business
Hands-on leadership and the latest management expertise
The MBA Energy Management is truly international, reflecting the realities of the energy business. It comprises a diverse mix of core business principles, but with a unique specialization in energy management.
You will learn key global energy issues faced by policymakers and businesses across the globe and you will develop the tools to handle these issues. Your specialist understanding of the energy market will help you establish sustainable energy models and develop a responsible strategy within your organization.
Designed & taught by leaders of the energy industry
The program provides the knowledge and real-world tools needed in the energy sector and has been designed by members of OPEC and other international organizations. The program offers you some of the top academic and business management minds in the world, combining expert theoretical knowledge with real-world experience in top global companies. Their commitment to excellence is what makes our program so special.
- 18 months plus a master thesis
- Blocked modules
- 7-10 residencies (approx. 4-9 days each)
Vienna and one International Residency (e.g. US - Houston and San Francisco)
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
What requirements do I have to meet to be admitted for an MBA at the WU Executive Academy?
If you apply, we will carefully assess your
- academic background,
- your work experience, and your
- interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
In general, we expect you to have to have a solid career progression and the commitment to pursue an MBA next to your busy schedule.
You need at least an undergraduate university degree (e.g. bachelor degree) for our MBA programs. Furthermore, we require a minimum work experience of 3 years (5 years for the Executive MBA) together with an excellent knowledge of the program language (English or German).
How do I apply for an MBA at the WU Executive Academy?
- Online application: In order to apply for an MBA you need to fill out our online application form and pay the application fee of EUR 200 via credit card.
- Document submission: After that, you will be asked to e-mail all required documents. Our program managers check them regarding the applicable admission requirements.
- Admission interview: If you are a prospective student, you will be invited to a personal interview with the academic director and the program manager.
- Admission decision: Shortly after the interview, you will receive our decision. If you are admitted, we will send you important instructions on how to secure your MBA spot. Do you want feedback on your profile before starting the application? Simply send your curriculum vitae to [email protected]
If you have any further questions, please consider our frequently asked questions here: https://executiveacademy.at/en/information-for/future-students/faq
You will learn, share methods and generate new ideas; and of course, build a network of long-lasting relationships with like-minded international peers. You will work alongside motivated executives from a broad range of companies and cultures, giving you an insight into their way of thinking, and their approach to business
- Global Energy Outlook & Energy Policy
- Global Energy Markets & Market Relations
- Recent Strategic Challenges in Energy
- Energy Regulation
- Energy Trading
- Renewable Energy
- Strategizing in the Energy Markets
- Energy Labs
Find more information on our website.
Scholarships and Funding
The WU Executive Academy offers a wide range of partial scholarships for applicants for whom financing the tuition fee is a challenge, regardless of their residence or citizenship. Moreover, we have been supporting women in their professional development for many years, thus we additionally offer a "Female Leaders" scholarship that is open to all female applicants.
Scholarships are awarded on a case-by-case basis. The admission committee decides whether and to what extent a scholarship will be granted by evaluating:
- Submitted application documents
- Performance in the admission interview
- Potential contribution to peer-learning in class
- Financial situation (income, costs for logistics, etc.)
- Leadership potential
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Career goals and motivation
- Personal circumstances
You can find detailed information about all different scholarships, including the maximum amount, on our website.
In addition, there are further financing options possible, including employer sponsorship, payments by installments, or early bird reductions. You can find an overview of all opportunities here.
- Executives from governmental and non-governmental energy companies
- Industry professionals (middle and top management) in all areas of energy management
- Professionals from international organizations (OPEC, OECD, IAEA etc.)
- Technical professionals moving to a general management position
- Professionals from international financial institutions (researcher, analysts)
Take a look at our class profile.