MBA in Corporate Financial Management Upper Iowa University
Why study Master of Business Administration?
The MBA is a forward-thinking curriculum providing students a perspective in leadership, functional department integration, ethical management, and risk assessment. The program provides learners the opportunity to examine ethical and managerial issues in a respected educational environment supporting life-long learning.
The curriculum for the Master of Business Administration degree consists of 36-semester credits of graduate-level course work, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for completion. Three semester credit hours taken per session are considered full-time enrollment.
The Corporate Financial Management Emphasis
Corporate Financial Management Emphasis provides a broad understanding of financial management, institutions, and investment strategies. The emphasis focuses on evaluating investments, developing fiscal strategies and applying financial strategies to evaluate risk.
- FIN 551 Financial Data Analysis
- FIN 552 Investment Management
- ACCT 553 Advanced Managerial Accounting
- BA 531 Financial Markets and Financial Strategy
- Graduate Elective
To be chosen by the student in conjunction with an advisor
Potential jobs that have seen growth in recent years include Financial Advisor, Financial Manager, and Financial Analyst.
Each course focuses on applying theoretical principles and practical experience to business situations and problems. Case studies, report writing, and class discussions are blended to assure students an opportunity to clarify and assimilate course learning outcomes. Assessments can take a variety of forms including team projects, individual reports, and case study analysis. Participation in discussions is crucial to student success.
The program concludes with a BA 590 Research Seminar providing a capstone experience for the student to apply the concepts of the program in the development of a business report or proposal. The report or proposal is presented to peer students and/ or business leaders using presentation software. The researched report or proposal provides the student with an opportunity to demonstrate the integration of the core curriculum and emphasis acquired knowledge and skills using graduate-level communication and critical thinking skills.
Upper Iowa is a nationally recognized university serving over 4,500 degree-seeking students from around the world.
- Faculty with real work experience
- No on-campus residency
- Six convenient start dates throughout the year
- Flexible schedule for accelerated degree completion
- Online courses allow you to attend class anytime during the day or night
- Evening courses offered at select locations
- The potential transfer of ACE recommendation coursework
- Five 8-week sessions and an accelerated, 6-week summer session
UIU’s MBA program highlights:
- UIU recognized for offering the 'Top Online MBA Program' in Iowa.
- No on-campus residency; complete your MBA in two years or less.
- Our MBA can be completed entirely online or at select locations (including evening courses).
- Transfer up to 12 graduate credits. The potential transfer of ACE recommendation coursework.
- Learn from faculty who have real-world experience and are experts in the fields they teach; helpful, caring staff who are there for you from start to finish.
- A personalized learning environment with an average UIU class size of just 14 students.
- Distinctive schedule of 5 eight-week sessions and an accelerated six-week summer session.
- Start your MBA during any session of our six sessions.
- Graduate students are considered full-time by taking one graduate course per session.
- Analyze the implications of regulatory and legal issues for corporations competing in the current economic environment.
- Identify and resolve problems, create change, or develop recommendations using analytical tools for business decision making.
- Explain the interdependence of corporate functional responsibilities.
- Evaluate effective business and management practices of corporations competing in the global or domestic economy.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.