MBA (Master of Business Administration) University of Winchester
- Prepare yourself to be a confident, responsible and innovative leader of the future ability to meet the shifting demands of the contemporary business world
- Benefit from small-group teaching led by our knowledgeable, experienced and supportive academic staff
- Join a group of students bringing and sharing different insights and challenging business-as-usual mindsets
- The University of Winchester Business School is a United Nations Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) Champion
- A scholarship of £3,000 is available for students who meet the criteria
Are you ready to invest in your future? Whether you’re looking to take the lead in your field or nurturing a business idea, the full-time MBA at Winchester is ideal for high-achieving, ambitious graduates who want to develop the strategic knowledge and skills essential for successful careers in organisations with a sustainable outlook.
With the ultimate goal of ensuring you can drive the success of an organisation through informed decision-making, the course aims to address responsible management in a complex and dynamic global market, through the application of theoretical models, research and critical analysis to real-life business issues.
Alongside the theory, you will participate in grounded discussions of key themes such as Leadership, Stakeholder Management, Business Sustainability and Digital Insight Management. This approach provides you with valuable personal and professional frameworks, which can be readily applied in your future career.
As part of the course, you will increase your ability to creatively and systematically apply knowledge from multiple data sources and develop your capacity to communicate ideas, tactics and strategies in order to influence a wide variety of stakeholder audiences.
You will engage with a wide range of academic literature, the latest business case materials and live business cases, sharing ideas with your peers and tutors before applying theories and ideas in your own writing.
The following compulsory modules form the backbone of your MBA at Winchester: Strategy and Entrepreneurship; Markets and Society; Sustainability and Ethics; Sustainable Innovation and Change; and Integrated Business Research Project: Research Methods.
Classroom sessions are highly interactive and build on the diversity of students’ backgrounds and experiences for the benefit of the whole cohort. Small groups provide opportunities for a person-centred approach to teaching, frequent small group discussions and the application of knowledge to students’ own working environments.
On this dynamic programme, you will develop a broad and relevant understanding of key issues facing modern businesses. Forward-looking in nature, the course has been designed to build your transferable business skills and abilities, as will be required for flexible, perhaps portfolio-based careers in the ever-changing business world.
Year 1: Level 7
- Strategy & Entrepreneurship 20
- Markets and Society 20
- Ethical Leadership 20
- Strategic Financial Analysis 20
- Sustainable Innovation and Change 20
- Data and Insight Management 20
- Integrated Business Research Project: Research Methods 20
- Integrated Business Research Project 40
Graduates from this programme will be well-placed to pursue a wide variety of business careers and roles, including leadership positions.
In addition, the core business knowledge and entrepreneurial content of this programme will allow students to be confident in starting their own businesses.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
A scholarship of £3,000 is available for:
- Students with English as a first language who have achieved a 2:1 in an Honours degree (or equivalent); or
- Students whose first language is not English who have achieved a 2:1 in an Honours degree (or equivalent) and IELTS of 6.5 overall (minimum 6.0 in each classification).