The Sussex MBA University of Sussex Business School
- Duration: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
- Start date: Starts in September 2023, or for part-time, choose to start in January or September.
- Apply by: Full-time: 1 August (International) and 1 September (UK). Part-time: 30 November (International and UK)
Become an effective business leader with ideas that matter and the skills to put them into practice. The Sussex MBA is built on four pillars to help you develop the leadership needed in today’s disrupted business environment:
- Digital work – the move to digital technologies and virtual work environments
- Innovation – develop new strategies to adapt to disrupted environments
- Resilience – ensure employee well-being and the sustainability of business models
- Policy – lobby and influence policy-makers at local, regional and national levels.
Guided by leading academics and industry experts, you’ll gain a range of management and leadership skills. You’ll develop your critical and strategic thinking, and learn to apply cutting-edge business theory in practice.
Students in our MBA come from all over the world and have experience in a range of industries. This diversity helps open up new ways of thinking. Through teamwork, you’ll delve into cross-cutting themes in the world of business.
Our flexible study options allow you to fit the course around your work and personal life.
- The Sussex MBA is an AMBA-accredited programme. AMBA is the global standard for MBA programmes and denotes the highest achievement in postgraduate business education.
- The University of Sussex Business School is accredited by EQUIS, the most comprehensive institutional accreditation system for business and management schools. Accreditation ensures rigorous quality control, benchmarking against international standards and is acknowledged worldwide.
- Our accreditation and partnership with the Chartered Management Institute mean when you complete the course, you’ll be eligible for a CMI Level 7 qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership.
Our MBA is for you if you’re interested in mid-career development or want a general management qualification. MBA graduates are eligible for a Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership Diploma from the Chartered Management Institute.
You’ll be able to:
- Understand different approaches to business administration
- Provide the leadership needed to manage in today’s disrupted business environment, particularly in the areas of digital work, innovation, resilience and policy
- Apply a critical evaluation of these approaches to current problems and/or new insights at the forefront of your field
- Apply these methods to make sound professional judgements, and to be able to communicate these clearly to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- Demonstrate originality, self-direction and autonomy in planning and implementing business administration in organisations.
Choose to study this course full-time or part-time, to fit around your work and personal life. Modules are shown below.
We’re planning to run these modules in the academic year 2023/24. However, there may be changes to these modules in response to COVID-19, or due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. It may not be possible to take some module combinations due to timetabling constraints. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
Core modules are taken by all students on the course. They give you a solid grounding in your chosen subject and prepare you to explore the topics that interest you most.
- Accounting and Financial Management (MBA)
- Economic, Social, Political and Cultural Environment - Understanding Business Environments
- Managing Operations and Quality (MBA)
- Managing People and Organisations
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MBA)
- Leadership and Personal Development
- Marketing Management (MBA)
- Applied Research Methods
Alongside your core modules, you can choose options to broaden your horizons and tailor your course to your interests. This list gives you a flavour of our options, which are kept under review and may change, for example in response to student feedback or the latest research.
While it’s our aim for students to take their preferred combinations of options, this can’t be guaranteed and will be subject to timetabling. Options may be grouped and if so, students will be able to choose a set number of options from the selection available in any particular group.
- International Business
- Management of Negotiation (MBA)
- Strategic Brand Management
We’ll make all reasonable efforts to provide you with the courses, services and facilities described in this prospectus. However, we may need to make changes due to significant disruption, for example in response to COVID-19.
- 1st in the UK for annual research income in 2020/21 (Chartered Association of Business Schools)
- 13th in the UK for Business and Economics (The Times Higher Education World University Rankings by Subject 2022)
- Top 60 in Europe (QS World University Rankings: Global MBA Rankings 2023)
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Our goal is to ensure that every student who wants to study with us is able to regardless of financial barriers so that we continue to attract talented and unique people.
- Sussex Alumni Award
- Sussex Bangladesh Scholarship
- Sussex Egypt Scholarship
- Sussex Graduate Scholarship
- Sussex India Scholarship
- Sussex Nigeria Scholarship
- Sussex Pakistan Scholarship
- Sussex Turkey Scholarship
- Sussex Vietnam Scholarship
- The University of Sussex Business School International Masters Award
Working while you study
Our Careers and Employability Centre can help you find part-time work while you study.