MBA University of New Haven
"I attribute my career success to the University of New Haven. To be competitive in the job market, my professors continuously encouraged my involvement and development of leadership skills. My experiences at the University of New Haven have a lasting impact on my life, professionally and personally."
— Jenny Lam ’16 MBA, Senior Auditor, Ernst & Young
Our College of Business is Among the Top 5% Worldwide
The MBA program is designed to transform current and future business leaders. Build your knowledge base and hone your skills to become a strategic, collaborative, and corporate thinker, ready to navigate the business challenges professionals are faced with today.
Recognized nationally as a leader in experiential education, the University of New Haven offers a flexible part-time and a full-time AACSB-accredited MBA program designed for both seasoned professionals and those with little or no experience in the business. The program is built on a series of foundational courses in core business subjects like accounting, finance, and economics followed by a series of advanced courses and a selection of electives or courses in a concentration area. Each of the program’s seven concentrations provides students with a specific subset of coursework to prepare them for their anticipated career path. For students with recent coursework in business, the foundation business classes (up to 4.5 credits) may be waived. For many full-time students, the MBA can be completed in one year.
Students may pursue the degree by taking classes offered in a full-time day format or flexible evening format. Hybrid and online classes are also available. Classes are offered at our Orange Campus, which boasts a beautiful location, smart-classrooms, and small group workspaces to foster a dynamic, collaborative student and faculty experience.
Analytics and STEM Certification
The majority of businesses don’t know what to do with their exponential amounts of data. The following MBA concentrations will train you to crunch that data and present it in a form that busy, high-level executives can use to make decisions, making you indispensable to your workplace:
• Business Analytics • STEM-Certified Financial Analysis • STEM-Certified Data Analytics
- A minimum of 34 graduate credits are required for completion. 3 foundation courses (4.5 credits) can be waived.
- 8 required courses (25 credits) plus 3 courses (9 credits) may be taken as unrestricted electives or in a particular area for a concentration.
- Data Analytics (STEM)
- Financial Analysis (STEM)
- Strategic Leadership
- Global Supply Chain Management
Dual Degree Options (60-75 credits)
- MBA/Master of Public Administration (MPA) is available to those with career objectives focused on both the public and private sectors.
- MBA/M.S. Industrial Engineering (MSIE) is available to applicants with an undergraduate degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
Courses are offered during the day and in the evenings Monday through Friday, mainly at our serene Orange Campus. Courses range in length from 15-week (full semester term) to 7-week (mini-semester term). They are offered in multiple formats, including on-campus, online, or hybrid (a mix of online and in-class sessions). A number of courses can be taken online, with more online options being added each semester.
Foundation Courses (4.5 credits, waivable)
- ACCT 6619 Accounting Foundations
- ECON 6633 Economics for Managers
- FINC 6601 Introduction to Finance
Advanced Courses (25 credits, not waivable)
- MGMT 6663 Leadership and Team Building
- ACCT 6621 Managerial Accounting
- BANL 6100 Business Analytics
- FINC 6602 Corporate Finance
- MKTG 6610 Marketing Analysis and Customer Value
- MGMT 6668 Leading Organizational Strategy and Change
- ECON 6644 Managing in a Global Economy
- MGMT 6669 Strategic Management
Below is an example of the schedule of course offerings over the first year.
|ACCT 6619 |
|MGMT 6663 |
|ACCT 6619 |
|ACCT 6621 |
|ACCT 6619 |
|MKTG 6610 |
Time to Completion
- 12 months (3 semesters), 18 months (4 semesters), or 24 months (6 semesters)
- The average time to degree completion is 18 months.
We offer two types of scholarships/assistantship to our international master’s students.
Dean’s scholarship provides up to 50% tuition assistance during their enrollment.
Provost Assistantship offers 75% tuition assistance and the opportunity to work for an academic department up to 20 hours per week during their enrollment.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.