Master of Business Administration
University Of Nebraska Kearney
Blended, Distance Learning, On-Campus
Full time, Part time
USD 315 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* in-state tuition per credit hour; USD 504 per credit hour - non-resident
The University of Nebraska at Kearney's Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program is designed to prepare students with the knowledge, leadership, critical thinking, networking, and decision-making skills needed to successfully manage an organization and its core functional areas.
Unique to the UNK experience, our MBA degree is built for maximum impact as a blended program designed for convenience while offering the benefits of live interactions with peers and faculty. "Blended" denotes flexible online courses that combine the convenience of online courses with the effectiveness of face-to-face interactions (virtual and in-person based on the student's preference) to ensure a powerful learning experience for our students. This format has been essential in enhancing our students' skills for today's rapidly changing global economy.
Our Professional, Marketing and Human Resources tracks can be completed fully online. At least one elective in the Accounting track requires attendance in class.
Our AACSB accredited program is 33 credit hours, with 18 hours of core classes and 15 hours of electives. Each student will select a track (emphasis) that includes:
- Professional Track
- Accounting Track
- Human Resources Track
- Marketing Track
- Cyber Security Track (Thesis and Non-Thesis Options)
- Business and IT Education Track
MBA Essential Core
- ACCT 858 Managerial Accounting Systems 3
- FIN 809 Financial Administration 3
- MGT 890 Leadership & Organizational Behavior 3
- MGT 892 Strategic Analysis & Decision Making 3
- MKT 856 Marketing Management Seminar 3
The Marketing track will prepare students to combine market research with operations in order to maximize market share and profit. Students will apply practices in consumer behavior, international marketing, and marketing research to many different businesses and industries.
Track-Specific Course Options
Completed alongside core MBA coursework
- BSAD 895 Integrative Capstone Experience 3
- MKT 830P/830 International Marketing 3
- MKT 835P/835 Marketing Research 3
- MKT 838P/838 Consumer Behavior 3
Select two elective courses in Marketing or related subjects to be approved by the MBA Director/Chair of Department 6
Total Credit Hours 18
- Business Executive
- Business Operations Manager
- Project Manager
- Management Analyst
- Management Consultant
- Nonprofit Organization Director
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.