Master of Business Administration University of Miskolc
The Faculty of Economics offers a high-standard full-time MBA program according to the Bologna System. Not only do we provide our students with thorough theoretical foundations but also put emphasis on improving their business skills through the Faculty's active and extensive relations with industry leaders and top companies. Our widely recognized full-time MBA program is particularly useful for the next generation of managers and leaders. It is a unique training with a focus on simulations, peer learning, professional debates, and solving case studies. It allows you to further develop your business and leadership skills, meet and work in teams with talented students from top companies in varied industries, and create professional networks.
Specializations: We offer a wide range of specialization courses in Finance, Marketing, HR, Management as well as Economics Theory, and Methodology.
The multiple objectives of the study program are to
- develop in-depth knowledge of management topics;
- build your career plans through specializations;
- broaden your horizons by studying alongside students from a vast range of backgrounds;
- learn through practical applications with simulation games and case studies;
- prepare to take on positions with major responsibilities in tomorrow’s economic environment.
Our MBA is primarily designed for individuals who want to be top managers, but it could be interesting for those who want to make a career change. It is an elite training in small groups, therefore peer learning, simulations, professional debates, and solving case studies are strongly emphasized during the whole program.
During the two-year MBA program, our students first learn about the various fields of Management then acquire a deeper knowledge through blocks in Finance, Marketing, HR or Economics Theory, Methodology, and several optional courses.
- Finance: Accounting and Finance, Managerial Economics, Corporate Finance, SAP Business Administration
- Marketing: Marketing Management, Marketing Research -Market Analysis, Digital Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communication
- HR: Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior, and Leadership, Personality Development
- Management: Operation and Innovation Management, Strategic and Change Management, Project Management. Quality Management
- Economics Theory and Methodology: Research Methodology, Quantitative Statistical Methods, Decision-Making Theory and Methods, World Economics, Intermediate International Economics
- Optional Courses*: Network Economics, Applied GIS (Geographic Information System), Regional Economics, International Trade, Business Intelligence, Game Theory (*The list of available optional courses is subject to change each year)
- Thesis writing
One of the multiple objectives of our MBA program is to prepare you to take on the highest paying jobs with major responsibilities in tomorrow's demanding economic environment. The best jobs and careers take full advantage of your MBA degree.
MBA is a preferred qualification including but not limited to the following types of jobs: Account Executive, Business Consultant, Business Development Manager, Entrepreneur, Finance Manager, General Manager, Industry Specialist Manager, Marketing Manager, Operations Manager, Product Manager, Program Manager, and Sales Manager.
Application Step by Step
- Choose your program and read the program description to learn more about the fees and admission requirements. Before application, transfer the Application Fee to the bank account of the University of Miskolc. Note: the application fee is non-refundable and the whole amount of 150 euros must arrive in the bank account of the University of Miskolc. Bank transfer costs must be paid by the applicant. The start of all our study programs is September - however, you can also choose the February start if you want to study Petroleum Engineering or Master of Business Administration.
- Click on Apply Now, fill out the Application Form and upload the Necessary Documents.
- Submit your application before the deadline.
- Within three working days, an Official Notification from the administrative assistant will inform you that your application has been received and evaluated. At the same time, your application is sent to the Faculty.
- In case of eligibility, you will be invited to take an oral Entrance Examination via Skype / Zoom within two weeks after the Faculty receives your application. Professional knowledge and command of English are tested by the examination board of the given Faculty.
- One week after a successful entrance examination, the administrative assistant will issue a Conditional Letter of Admission for you with the notification for tuition fee payment. Note: the tuition fee is refundable only in case of visa refusal. The tuition fee must be paid in one amount on the bank account of the University of Miskolc. Bank transfer costs must be paid by the applicant.
- As soon as the tuition fee (for the first semester) is credited by the financial department of the University of Miskolc (it may take 1-3 weeks), you will receive a Final Letter of Admission that is essential for visa application.