Executive MBA in Sports Management - 100% Online Universidad Europea
The Executive MBA in Sports Management is a 9-month programranked as one of the twenty best MBAs in Sports Management worldwide, according to the SportBusiness International Ranking 2021, and one of the ten best in Europe.
With the MBA in Sports Management Online you will acquire the training and skills necessary to strengthen your professional profile and set yourself apart when it comes to competing for jobs in the business side of the sports sector. You will become an expert in all areas of sport, from marketing to the management and operation of sports facilities.
Learn online from professionals and executives of international and prestigious sport organizations. You will gain a deep knowledge of the sports industry and a global vision of the different existing sports management models.
Live the Real Madrid experience. Enjoy exclusive experiences with the Real Madrid C.F. including their White Week, in this unique week-long conference attended by elite athletes,current and former Real Madrid footballers, and experts from the global sports sector.
Why study this program?
70% International students
International students for a multicultural learning experience.
Top 10 MBAs in Sports Management in Europe
Chosen as one of the top ten MBAs in Europe according to SportBusiness Postgraduate Ranking 2021.
20 Top 20 MBAs in Sports Management worldwide
Chosen as one of the top 20 MBAs worldwide according to SportBusiness Postgraduate Ranking 2021.
You will have the opportunity to attend exclusive sporting events, where you can interact with the best professionals and executives in the sports industry.
Specialization in sports management
This online MBA is aimed at all those professionals in the sports sector who wish to gain a global perspective on international sports management models.
Executives from Real Madrid C. F. collaborate on the MBA in Sports Management, which enables you to gain a deeper knowledge of the industry.
Real Madrid Graduate School
You will be trained in an exclusive environment that will allow you to grow professionally and further your career by developing a competitive profile in the business sector.
The Executive MBA in Sports Management - Online is designed for:
- Professionals who wish to change sectors and want to focus their professional career on the management of entities in the sports industry.
- Professionals who already work in the sports industry and wish to gain new knowledge and update their training.
- Current or former athletes who want to develop their business skills.
- In order to enrol in this programme, the student is required by law, in accordance with the provisions set forth in Royal Decree 861/2010,
- To possess an official Spanish undergraduate degree, or otherwise a certification issued by a higher education institution belonging to another State within the European Higher Education Area that facilitates access to master’s degrees.
- To possess a degree in accordance with the education systems outside the European Higher Education Area, without the need to get said degree approved, as long as the University verifies that the student possesses a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degree, and that they are qualified to pursue a master’s degree in the country of origin.
- Access to the programme by this means will not imply, under any circumstance, the approval of the previous degree that the interested party possesses, nor its recognition for purposes other than enrolling in master’s degree courses.
- Demonstrate having the right level of English according to the chosen course, which will be evaluated through a personal interview.
The curriculum is composed of ten modules that will provide you with practical, multidisciplinary and up-to-date training. At the end of the programme, the student will receive the Executive MBA in Sports Management - Online, granted by the Universidad Europea de Madrid.
- Module 1. Directorate General of Sports Companies
- Module 2. Economics
- Module 3. Marketing and Communication
- Module 4. Management and Operation of Sports Venues
- Module 5. Management Skills
- Module 6. Specialty B - Entrepreneurship and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Module 7. Specialty C - Marketing and Communication
- Module 8. Specialty D - Operation of Sports Facilities
- Module 9. Internships
- Module 10. Final Master's Project
- CB1: Students possess the required knowledge and understanding that provides a basis or springboard for originality in the development and/or application of ideas, often in a research context.
- CB2: Students can apply the knowledge they have acquired and are able to solve problems in any new or unfamiliar situation which may arise within a broader or multidisciplinary context relating to their area of study.
- CB3: When faced with the difficulty of making tough decisions, students can apply what they know, and, when information is limited, they must take into account and apply the social and ethical responsibilities associated to the situation.
- CB4: Students can communicate their conclusions—and the knowledge and rationale behind them—to audiences who may be both specialised and non-specialised in the area. They must be able to do so in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- CB5: Students develop the skills to allow them to continue studying in a self-led or autonomous manner.Students must possess the necessary learning skills that will enable them to continue to study in a self-directed, autonomous way.
- CT1: Responsibility: Commitment to yourself and others when performing a task and trying to achieve a set of objectives within the learning process. Existing capacity in every subject to recognise and accept the consequences of a freely performed act.
- CT2: Self-reliance: Students are able to act confidently and with sufficient motivation to achieve their objectives.
- CT3: Awareness of ethical values: Ability to think and act according to universal principles based on human values aimed at assisting their full development in addition to their commitment to certain social values.
- CT4: Communication Skills: Communication is the process by which we transmit and receive data, ideas, opinions and attitudes to transmit meaning, understanding and plans of action. Verbal communication is through words and gestures and, written communication through writing and/or visual support.
- CT5: Interpersonal relationship skills: Students are able to perform active listening skills in order to reach agreements using an assertive communication style.
- CT6: Flexibility: Students are able to adapt and work in different and varied situations, and in tandem with diverse groups. It involves assessing and understanding different ideas and adapting their own approach as the situation requires.
- CT7: Teamwork: Ability to integrate and actively collaborate with other people, areas and/or organisations to achieve common objectives.
- CT8: Initiative: Ability to anticipate problems, propose improvements and persevere in achieving them.
- CT9: Planning: The process of setting goals and choosing the means to achieve those goals using time and resources effectively.
- CT10: Innovation and creativity: Ability to propose and develop new and original solutions that add value to problems posed, even in areas other than the problem itself.
- CE.1.- Have an integrated vision of all the dimensions of the company in the sports sector—external, internal or organisational—and that of the people or human capital that form them. Ability to analyse the problems and find solutions that allow you to achieve your strategic objectives. Students will assume an autonomous and collective learning style that allows them to make decisions and assess the economic and social impact of the decisions made.
- CE.2.- Lead projects and teams with an approach that integrates ethical and social responsibility, while assessing the impact of decisions on associations, the market, people and society.
- CE.3.-Master the keys to the major areas of world sport, in order to turn them into competitive advantages for the growth of the company within its sector.
- CE.4.-Analyse the economic, legal and technological environment of a sector and carry out an evaluation and a medium and long term strategic plan using the existing reference tools.
- CE.5.-Master the new trends and business practices of corporate social responsibility policies that affect the sports sector, and be able to define a corporate social responsibility policy for each company.
- CE.6.-Assume the skills and competences of a manager: leadership, emotional intelligence, communication, team management, group work, planning, conflict resolution, negotiation and orientation to results. Use them from a responsible approach and under a multicultural perspective, always respecting diversity.
- CE.7.-Master the concepts and strategic reference tools for the organisational dimensioning of a company in the sports industry and be able to select the best strategic alternative to apply in each market and company.
- CE.8.-Know the management tools for the operations of a company, as well as the business practices of reference in the sports industry, which ensure the efficiency of the activity and the fulfillment of the objectives set.
- CE.9.- Design the plans of different areas—marketing, communication and sales, finance, production, human resources—using the coordination criteria between them and aligning them to the company's general strategy.
- CE.10.- Master the key concepts of reference for the development of new organisational structures and be able to execute plans that involve changes and adaptations with criteria of resource optimisation and knowledge management.
- CE.11.-Apply and execute everything they have learned in one of the company’s decision-making areas through professional internships. They can do so through the University’s agreements with companies in the sports sector or industry, and especially in the area of interest most appealing to their future professional development—management, marketing and communication, operations or finance—and showcase their skills in order to integrate successfully into a business team.
You will develop professionally by managing and directing sports institutions such as clubs, fitness centres, associations and sports schools in specialised areas of the sports industry.
In this way, you will acquire a multidisciplinary profile and will be able to develop your professional activity in any of these institutions as a person responsible for marketing, communication or sporting events.