MBA Tourism Strategic Management
EUR 3,550 / per year **
31 Jul 2024*
Earliest start date
29 Sep 2024
* The new intake starts on February 1, 2024.
** for the rest of the world; 3090 EUR per year for EU/EEA, Switzerland, CIS countries, Georgia and Ukraine citizens
- Degree awarded: Professional Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Qualification awarded: Manager of enterprises and institutions
- Internship: Latvian or foreign tourism and hospitality companies, tourism attractions, and destination management organizations
- Study duration: 2 academic years
- Study language: in English
In the framework of the "Tourism Strategic Management" study program, you will learn how to reasonably discuss complex aspects of tourism management, develop corporate and institutional strategies in today's changing environment, find solutions to complex and unpredictable operating conditions of tourism industry companies, research, analyze and compare tourism destinations in Latvia and understand the interaction between tourism and other fields.
The Professional Master's Degree Program “Tourism Strategic Management” provides a broad knowledge base of tourism and hospitality management and provides a strategic perspective on global tourism developments. The study program is proud of its lecturers - outstanding industry practitioners representing tourism and related fields - hotel management, tourism policy planning at the national level, and restaurant business. During the study process, students develop viable strategies for the development of new tourist destinations that provide an opportunity to learn about strategic tourism planning in practice. Students gain invaluable insight into the development and trends of the global tourism industry by participating in the world's largest IT exhibition, ITB Berlin, which is also a valuable platform for international contacts.
- 50% of students come from countries which up to now you have introduced only by map. Now you have an opportunity to get acquainted with people, culture, and understanding of these countries!
- There have been around 1 billion international travels in the year 2014
Professional master's study program Strategic Management in Tourism has obtained the prestigious UNWTO – UN World Tourism Organization TedQual accreditation to the maximum possible term – four years, until the Year 2022.
Tourism programs have been awarded the prestigious UNWTO – United Nations World Tourism Organization TedQual accreditation. Turiba University is the only University in the Baltic States and Northern Europe that holds this prestigious accreditation.
|1st Academic Year
|2nd Academic Year
Optional courses of study
In the 1st academic year, students acquire methods and regularities of tourism strategic management, planning, and projecting. You will be introduced to the international tourism environment and its current trends. One of the course objectives will be to carry out research papers in tourism planning and marketing. During study trips you will visit tourism destinations; you will be introduced to successful experiences in the tourism industry at the international level and meet professionals in the field.
In the 2nd academic year, theoretical knowledge will be strengthened in practice in tourism and hospitality companies. You will carry out creative and independent researchers integrating knowledge of various areas and solving topical problems of the industry and companies. By using knowledge acquired in the previous courses and experience gained during pre-master practice, you will develop a master thesis.
- Manager of tourism and hospitality companies in Latvia or abroad
- Tourism development and research project manager
- Tourism specialist in municipalities, tourism information centers
- Senior manager in state or municipal institutions