Master of Business Administration (MBA) (on-campus)
The University of Texas Permian Basin, College of Business
4 - 5 semesters
USD 255 / per semester *
Earliest start date
* Tuition per semester credit hour: In-State / New Mexico: $255.27; Out of State non-resident: $340.27; International non-resident: $677.27; competitive scholarships allowing in-state tuition are available, UTPB provides free transcript evaluation
The MBA program at UT Permian Basin provides the essential professional tools to advance our graduates into managerial careers. The MBA course work offers foundational knowledge of business strategy and culture and helps students develop the capacities employers both value and reward. Our MBA program develops exceedingly well-prepared professionals and business leaders who can flourish and excel in any corporate or business environment or structure.
MBA Degree Requirements
MBA Degree Plan
- 30 hours for BBA**, 36 hours for non-BBA
Core Courses (12 credit hours)** up to 6 hours may be waived
- ACCT 6301 Accounting Analysis
- FINA 6320 Financial Management
- MNGT 6360 Organizational Behavior
- MRKT 6310 Marketing Management
Courses Beyond Core (21 credit hours)
- MNGT 6320 Production & Operations Management
- ACCT 6311/ MNGT 6311 Information System Management
- FINA 6321 Corporate Finance & Strategy
- MNGT 6301 Legal Environment of Business
- MNGT 6366 Strategic Management
- MRKT 6301 International Business
- MRKT 6302 Marketing Analytics or BUSI 6302 Business Analytics
- 1 Elective course:
- Any 6XXX-level ACCT, FINA, MNGT or MRKT course not otherwise required
**Waiver Policy: Students with an academic business background may waive up to two core courses, decreasing the program to as few as 30 credit hours using the criteria below:
Core Course Policy for Waiver
- ACCT 6301 6 credit hours of accounting, including financial & managerial with a "B" average
- FINA 6320 6 credit hours of upper-division finance with a "B" average
- MNGT 6360 6 credit hours of upper-division management with a "B" average
- MRKT 6310 6 credit hours of upper-division marketing with a "B" average
Preparation Courses: Upon admission (regular and conditional), students will be evaluated for statistical literacy. Students who need additional skills in this area are referred to BUSI 2342 (statistical literacy) until literacy requirement is fulfilled. Statistical literacy (BUSI 2342) must be remedied in the first semester in which the student is accepted into the MBA program and must be taken before the student enrolls in MNGT 6303, FINA 6320, MNGT 6361, MNGT 6366 or electives in accounting, finance, management, or marketing.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.
Program Admission Requirements
Demonstrate your commitment and readiness to succeed in business school by taking the GMAT exam – the most widely used exam for admissions that measures your critical thinking and reasoning skills.
Download the GMAT mini quiz to get a flavour of the questions you’ll find in the exam.