China and Manchester have enjoyed strong links for several decades and Alliance MBS was the first UK business school to open a dedicated executive centre in Shanghai. The Centre attracts China's most talented business people to study its growing portfolio of executive programmes.
- Located in L'avenue, one of Shanghai's most famous landmarks.
- In 2020, China Centre launched brand new centre with upgraded teaching facilities
- The Centre has longstanding research and teaching partnerships with Chinese institutions such as Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Tongji University.
- China Centre was named a 'Distinguished Brand of Business Education' in 2018 and ‘The Most Valued Brand of Business Education’ in 2020 by Tencent Education.
- The Manchester Global MBA was voted the ‘The Most Innovative MBA’ by The Best Education of China from 2016 to 2018 and ‘The Most Influential MBA’ in 2019.
- The Centre has an active Corporate Social Responsibility Programme, with activities such as the Bright Eye Project and Egg Walkathon campaign.
- In 2017, 'Manchester Cloud (Mcloud)' was officially launched, affiliated to the China Centre and the Manchester-China Forum. Mcloud links Chinese and British government organisations and Sino-UK talents in the fields of business, culture, art, education and science.
- The region has eight different alumni clubs tailored for various industries including healthcare, marketing, telecommunications and entrepreneurship.
mentatdgt / Pexels
China Centre programmes
- Global Part-time MBA
- Kelley-Manchester Global MBA
- Tongji-Manchester Global MBA
- MSc in Financial Management
- MSc in International Fashion Marketing
- MA in Educational Leadership
- Strategic Talent Partnerships
- MBA Electives
- Full-time MBA Shanghai Study Tour
"I am extremely proud of the success we've achieved since we opened our doors in Shanghai 12 years ago. We have worked hard to develop partnerships with highly-regarded Chinese institutions and corporates. We have an ever-growing network of alumni in the China region and continue to attract China's best students to study with us here in Shanghai."
Sherry Fu, Director, China Centre