Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Specialization Human Resources Management Swiss UMEF (University of Applied Sciences Institute)
SWISS UMEF is the first private higher education Institution in Geneva to have institutional accreditation by the highest federal accreditation authority in Switzerland.
This program offers training and development in managerial, interpersonal, and negotiating skills to the student of human resources.
At the end of the program, the students will be capable of managing personnel, and preventing and managing social conflicts, they will be able to carry out training, development, and assessment of his/her collaborators.
- The courses have been created so that each graduate, on successful completion of their program, will have learned critical thinking, effective problem solving, effective communication, emotional intelligence skills, strategic planning and thinking, quantitative skills, innovation, and critical analysis.
- Students will review accurately the corporate financial environment facing the organization and provide systematic and logical solution structures.
- Students will develop the total quality management interacting process for managers and work teams that are involved in the decision-making of the organization, ensuring an enhanced working environment.
- Students will be able to demonstrate how each manager must be a human resource problem solver and diagnostician.
- Students will be able to understand the systematic techniques for recruiting, assessing, selecting, and placement of competent employees.
- Students will be able to understand how to identify the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics required to perform various jobs and job tasks and how to measure the presence of the attributes in employment applicants.
- Students will develop a very good understanding of the relationship between human resource professionals and line managers' roles in staffing activities.
- Students will be able to understand the use of effective compensation policy and management to properly motivate and ensure there is harmony within the organizational structure.
- Students will be able to understand advanced issues concerning employee training and development programs, including effective needs assessment, transfer of training, designing a learning environment, methods, and evaluation.
First Year 60 crédits (ECTS)
- Marketing Management
- Human Capital and Talent Management
- Business Communication
- Accounting for Managers
- Organizational Behaviour
- Leadership, Team Management
- Corporate Finance
- Digital Transformation
- Strategic Management
- Project Management and Decision Making
Second Year 60 crédits (ECTS)
- Thesis Methodology
- Employee Selection, Staffing, and Planning
- Compensation and Benefits Management
- Management of Workforce Diversity
- Labour Relations and Development
Management positions: Director of Human Resources, HR Consultant, HR Project Manager.