Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Specialisation Marketing and Communication
Swiss UMEF (University of Applied Sciences Institute)
CHF 18,900 / per year *
Earliest start date
* tuition fee
SWISS UMEF is the first private higher education Institution in Geneva to have institutional accreditation by the highest federal accreditation authority in Switzerland.
This program provides the student with extensive and practical training in marketing and sales functions.
At the end of the program, the students will have mastered analysis of the environment, as well as prescribing and carrying out marketing studies. They will be capable of taking decisions and implementing strategies and marketing actions. The students will be capable of communicating and managing independently a project in an international and multicultural milieu. The student must be able to head projects in an intercultural context.
- The courses have been created so that each graduate, on successful completion of their program, will have learned critical thinking, effective problem solving, effective communication, emotional intelligence skills, strategic planning, and thinking.
- Students will be able to understand industrial and domestic consumer behavior, thus developing a promotional mix, of products and services to meet their expectations.
- Students will be able to understand and segment appropriate target markets and create a direct marketing mix towards creating a sustainable competitive advantage in its selected target market(s) and products.
- Students will develop the skillful attitude and professionalism of salespeople needed to improve sales and formulate complex sales and training strategies to meet the challenges of the marketplace.
- Students will be able to understand fully the conditions of the global market environment in respect of cultural, political, and economic implications.
- Students will be able to understand and make constructive decisions on how to generate specific tactical guidelines for building, measuring, and managing brand equity, which marketers can follow to begin developing strong, successful brands.
- Students will be able to explain and demonstrate how to design and implement brand strategies and when to use brand extensions and show how to adjust branding strategies over time and geographic boundaries to maximize brand equity.
- Students will be able to develop strategic marketing plans that are pragmatic and innovative for effectively achieving strategic and marketing planning objectives.
First Year 60 crédits (ECTS)
- Marketing Management
- Human Capital and Talent Management
- Business Communication
- Accounting for Managers
- Organizational Behaviour
- Leadership, Team Management
- Corporate Finance
- Digital Transformation
- Strategic Management
- Project Management and Decision Making
Second Year 60 crédits (ECTS)
- Thesis Methodology
- Marketing Communication: Public Relations, Press, Media, and Advertising
- Management of the Sales Force and of Distribution Channel
- International Marketing
- Retail Promotion
- Thesis or internship
Management positions in the areas of marketing: marketing manager, product manager, project manager, brand manager, head of the product line, market research officer, and marketing assistant.