Master of Business Administration Stanton University
Program and Objectives
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is designed to meet the educational needs of working adult managers in an ever-expanding global economy. The program emphasizes the identification, analysis, and solution of complex management problems within a context requiring both technical understanding and balanced decision making.
Management consists of the rational assessment of a situation and the systematic selection of goals and purposes; the systematic development of strategies to achieve these goals; the marshalling of the required resources; the rational design, organization, direction, and control of the activities required to attain the selected purposes, and finally, motivation and rewarding of people to do the work.
The MBA program provides adult learners with a comprehensive foundation for business decision making and prepares them to lead effectively in a rapidly changing business environment. The program has been structured with flexibility so as to serve holders of baccalaureate degrees in business administration as well as those who hold degrees in other disciplines.
MBA Project (BA750)
MBA Graduation Requirements
A candidate for the Master’s Degree in Business Administration shall have:
- Successfully completed an approved program in Business Administration with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or better, while having received no more than two letter grades of less than a B and no letter grade of less than a C;
- Successfully completed a minimum of 60 quarter units of coursework, at least 40 of which were completed in residence at SU and at least 12 Units of which were completed after Advancement to Candidacy;
- Successfully completed all degree requirements within the maximum time limit allowed, five years, or within an officially approved time extension;
- Successfully completed the Master of Business Administration Capstone Project, BA750;
- Filed all the necessary graduation forms in accordance with the timetable provided by the School of Business and Management, and
- Settled all financial obligations to the University.
The following materials are required before a decision on admission can be made by the Admission Committee:
- Official transcripts of all academic work undertaken since graduation from high school should be submitted directly to Stanton University’s Office of Admissions and Records. A final official transcript indicating that the bachelor’s degree has been granted should be submitted. If the bachelor’s degree has not been granted at the time that the student applies for admission into the MBA program, then the student upon receipt of the bachelor’s degree should immediately make arrangements to have an official transcript sent directly to Stanton University indicating that the bachelor’s degree has been granted.
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree program from a college or university accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by the US Department of Education, from an institution approved by the California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, or from a national or international institution that meets these standards.
- Application Fee
- Application Form: an application is valid for one year.