Master of Business Administration
Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University
Blended, Distance Learning, On-Campus
Full time, Part time
USD 515 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* $514.65/credit hour for resident students | $644.85/credit hour for non-resident students. Additional fees may apply
Power of OSU's MBA
Your path to the future begins today
The global business environment is increasingly complex and changes rapidly. OSU’s customizable MBA is built on those foundations with cutting-edge curriculum and teaching techniques and focuses on leadership, teamwork, and innovation. We maintain 60 years of national rankings, accreditation, and in the success of our graduates. Our MBA program propels individuals to stand out in any job market and unlocks mobility between industries.
Mix and match your MBA
No matter what's most important to you, cost, location or curriculum, the OSU MBA caters to your needs.
|MBA with a Certificate
|This is the fastest and most affordable path to earn an OSU MBA in as little as 36 hours for full-time students or 33 hours for experienced working professionals and distance students. Earn your general MBA by completing the core curriculum plus 9 elective hours that fit your interests and your schedule.
|Earn your MBA with a concentration of only 3-6 hours beyond the general MBA requirements. Concentrations do not require an application and are noted on your transcript. An MBA concentration is a great way to earn the OSU MBA and show employers your expertise in your field.
|Earn your MBA with a certificate in only 3-6 hours beyond the general MBA requirements. Certificates are separate degrees that provide a diploma but, can be completed as a stand-alone program but require an application to the certificate. Earning an OSU MBA with a certificate is a highly valuable program by providing two degrees to show the highest level of mastery in their field.
What's the difference?
Whether you’re considering the full-time program or looking to enroll part-time, OSU’s award-winning MBA program is your opportunity to take your career to the next level. The OSU MBA program is constantly examining ways to provide our students with a competitive edge in the job market. We are continually updating our curriculum to help you reach your goal of a business career, not just another job.
Through case competitions at OSU’s Stillwater campus, regional and national levels, full-time MBA students compete with major universities from around the world and are recognized for their ability to analyze and present a course of action to solve complex business problems. In the process, the students reinforce the theoretical concepts, demonstrate their comprehension of the curriculum, and build confidence in their ability to be leaders in business. And just like you, they are working toward the goal of a new career. The innovative approach and structure of our full-time program maximizes connectivity with alumni, access to professional development and notable employers who are well aware of the OSU Cowboy culture within their companies.
Also, we offer a 33 credit-hour program designed for individuals who wish to enroll on a part-time basis only through OSU-Tulsa, online or the main campus in Stillwater. The program is self-paced, allowing students to take an appropriate number of credit hours each semester to best align with life circumstances. Applicants must have earned a four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent from an accredited university and have a competitive GMAT or GRE score and GPA.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Graduate students in the Spears School of Business do have opportunities to be considered for scholarships. In many cases programs request students complete a universal scholarship application beginning mid-February each cycle; with application link notices emailed directly to students of participating programs with funding available.
Traditional scholarships are awarded for the fall and spring semesters and are often equally divided between terms. A student’s failure to maintain scholarship criteria results in the loss of the scholarship(s) and re-application for the following year is required for future consideration. Any program offering a one-time high-GMAT/GRE scholarship to working professionals enrolled online or at OSU-Tulsa automatically considers the application for admission as the scholarship application.
MBA Scholarships list
Plan your MBA
A plan of study serves as a contract between a student and the university; it is a key element in identifying and completing degree requirements. Your plan of study will be updated, changed and switched around many times before graduation.
The first plan of study will be submitted after consulting with the MBA Program Manager or Academic Advisor and must be submitted to the Graduate College before a student enrolls in hour 17 of graduate coursework. It will include a list of core courses and electives in the intended sequence of enrollment. This plan is flexible and can be changed prior to the semester of graduation with approval from the MBA Assistant Director.
Before graduation, students must submit a final plan of study.
The MBA is a 33 to 36-hour program that can be completed in as few as 12 months. MBA students can pursue specializations in career concentrations and may complete concentration coursework as electives for the MBA degree. Core courses include management and organizational theory, corporate and business strategy, project management, descriptive analytics, ethics, financial reporting, business finance, marketing management and prescriptive analytics.
Degree Core - Required Courses
- MGMT 5113 Individual and Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 5303 Corporate and Business Strategy
- ACCT 5183 MBA Financial Reporting
- ECON 5113 Managerial Economics
- FIN 5013 Business Finance
- MKTG 5133 Marketing Management
- MSIS 5303 Prescriptive Analytics
- MBA 5100 Professional Development (Part 1)1
- MBA 5100 Professional Development (Part 2)1
- MBA 5100 Professional Development (Case Consulting)1
- MBA 5300 Current Business Topics (Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility)
- MBA 5400 Business Practicum (Descriptive Analytics)
- MBA 5500 Interdisciplinary Inquiry in Business Administration (Project Management)
1Waived for part-time and distance MBA students
Select 9 hours from the following:
Concentrations are available in a variety of business disciplines; however, students may opt to create a general MBA based on their selection of electives.
- Accounting (Stillwater only)
- Business Sustainability (Online, Stillwater, Tulsa)
- Data Science (Online, Stillwater, Tulsa)
- Economics (Stillwater only)
- Energy Business (Online, Stillwater)
- Entrepreneurship (Online, Stillwater, Tulsa)
- Finance and Investment Banking (Stillwater, Tulsa)
- Global Marketing (Stillwater, Tulsa)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management (Stillwater)
- Human Resource Management (Online, Stillwater, Tulsa)
- Information Assurance (Online, Tulsa)
- Marketing Analytics (Online, Stillwater)
- Nonprofit Management (Online, Stillwater, Tulsa)
- Tied for No. 27 on the list of the 2023 Best Online MBA Programs (US News & World Report).
- No. 1 ranking of the Best Online MBA in Sustainability Programs (BestColleges.com)
- No. 12 ranking of the 50 Best Online Business Schools (SuccessfulStudent.org)
- Ranked fifth among the 20 Best Business Schools for Avoiding Massive MBA Debt (StudentLoanHero.com)