SKEMA Business School: a distinctive positioning
SKEMA Business School is one of France’s largest Grande Ecoles with 9,500 students from more than 120 nationalities, 160 faculty, 50,000 alumni, and 7 campuses across the world (Brazil, China, France, South Africa, and the USA).
SKEMA was founded in 2009 as a result of the merger between the Ecole Supérieure de Commerce, Lille and CERAM Business School, Sophia Antipolis. The Lille school had been founded in 1892 and CERAM in 1963.
the school has a community devoted to learning and the creation and transmission of management knowledge and practice. Since its inception, SKEMA has become a global school with a multi-campus structure and a large portfolio of programs taught in English and in French. These range from undergraduate level to continuing education and are aligned with the Bologna higher education norms (Licence, Master, Doctorate).
SKEMA aims to become the global business school on five continents. Its common international strategy is to train management leaders in the knowledge economy by developing:
- A school with one identity on its different sites, with campuses set up in the heart of scientific hubs. The school’s culture fosters an international outlook, excellence, and innovation.
- Multi-site education programs offering mobility, professional expertise, and interdisciplinary programs (technology-management).
- Synergy with the school's local environments both in terms of research and in business partnerships. Cross-fertilization within science hubs (but also among these hubs) will give an overall view of innovation and the need for specific skills in the world’s different regions.
- Systematic involvement of global companies with the school (governance, programs, incubators, research, students).
- The school is managed according to the values of excellence, humanism, diversity, and innovation.
- SKEMA contributes to the local environment and economic fabric wherever its campuses are located.
SKEMA is a global research and higher education institution that trains talents who are committed to transforming the world through a sustainable approach. The hybridization between the human and social sciences and data is at the heart of its model, and its modus operandi is global exposure.