Simon Fraser University - Beedie School of Business
CAD 41,310 / per year *
Earliest start date
* domestic students - citizens & permanent residents of Canada; international tuition: $53,768 CAD
Explore scholarship opportunities to help fund your studies
With a typical class of just 50 students, the SFU Beedie MBA learning experience lets you discover your strengths and take risks in a supportive environment.
Graduate with the practical skills and theoretical knowledge required for success in different areas of business, and a wide network of connections to help you achieve big things.
Who's it for?
The SFU Beedie FT MBA is designed especially for early to mid-career professionals and entrepreneurs who are ready to push themselves to their highest potential and move their careers to the next level.
What you'll learn
By combining theory and application in an internationally diverse and collaborative MBA classroom, the program offers a firm grounding in business fundamentals. As you move through the 12-month academic component in the center of Vancouver’s diverse, vibrant and entrepreneurial business community, immerse yourself in thought-probing questions and real-world business problems. The comprehensive curriculum incorporates real-world business challenges and explores relevant topics such as sustainability, new ventures, and international business.
Our interactive and experiential learning methods deliver a business management toolkit applicable across industries, providing you with more career options and mobility. A personal, collegial approach lets you build stronger connections and small classes mean professors can get to know you and provide personalized guidance.
We know your time is valuable. Instead of extended semester breaks, you’ll participate in an international applied project and attend networking and other events. At the end of the 12-month program, choose between a paid four-month work term, starting a new venture, or moving straight into a permanent position. In all cases, you deliver a report on your four months as part of your degree.
Where it can take you
When you graduate, you’ll embark on the next stage of your career equipped with in-demand business skills and a 360-degree view of how businesses operate today.
12 months of academics plus a required four-month work term
The MBA program is split into three semesters that flow into each other – allowing you to apply what you learn as you travel through the program.
- Online pre-MBA orientation- Preparation courses completed before you begin in September to get you ready for the MBA.
- The fall semester ensures everyone has a common foundation in critical skills.
- The spring semester addresses effective leadership, where you’ll have to work fast as part of a team to solve challenges.
- Spring/Summer will see you choose between two international destinations for a global business perspective so you can gain a broader understanding of working in a multi-cultural business environment. This past year, students traveled to Hong Kong and Singapore and worked on a project in conjunction with the Vancouver Port Authority.
- The summer semester explores your creative side as you dive into sustainability, entrepreneurship, and other hot topics.
Four-month work term
At the end of the 12-months of academics, you will have three options to complete the work term requirement of the program:
- Undertake a paid four-month internship
- Start your own new venture through Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection® SPARK program or approved equivalent opportunities
- Move straight into a permanent role
Photo courtesy of Simon Fraser University - Beedie School of Business
At the heart of downtown Vancouver is SFU Beedie’s Segal Graduate School campus, a heritage bank reimagined as a 60,000 square-foot landmark housing classrooms, meeting rooms and study spaces.
It’s centrally located with easy access to public transit, which makes getting to and from class exceptionally convenient.
Plus, you’re surrounded by cafes, shops, and restaurants. It’s a neighborhood as vibrant as any.
In alignment with our calling to develop innovative business leaders, SFU Beedie hosts experiential learning events such as a new product development simulation, where students work together in multifunctional teams to design, build and manufacture a drone delivery service. Participating in fun, interactive simulations frame innovation as an organization-wide responsibility and opportunity and provides awareness of the blurred lines of responsibility that can exist within the innovation sphere.
- A four-year undergraduate degree with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0/4.33 (B) or a grade point average of at least 3.33/4.33 (B+).
- We require a minimum GMAT score of 550. We also accept the GRE exam (minimum score of 155 in each section).
- Applicants should have a minimum of two years of professional work experience following completion of an undergraduate degree.
- All applicants must be fluent in English. If your primary language is not English, you must demonstrate sufficient command of the English language through one of the two acceptable tests: TOEFL or IELTS.
- If you are not a Canadian citizen or don’t have landed immigrant status you must have a valid Canadian student visa.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.