M.B.A. with a major in Marketing Nova Southeastern University, H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business & Entrepreneurship
The survival of virtually every enterprise – profit and nonprofit alike – depends upon effective marketing. Build a solid understanding of this discipline and you’ll go places, regardless of your chosen specialty or industry.
With your M.B.A. in Marketing, you’ll study how to generate product or service demand. Find profitable new customers and stop current ones from leaving. You’ll cover pricing strategy and profit maximization. And position yourself for stronger corporate or entrepreneurial success.
- Curriculum: NSU’s M.B.A. program is 37-49 total credits to complete, depending on undergraduate coursework.
- Start Dates: The M.B.A. in Marketing is available to start in January.
- Delivery Options: Classes for the Master of Business Administration program with a major in Marketing are offered weeknights at NSU's Fort Lauderdale/Davie campus and online (asynchronously).
- Tuition: Tuition for the degree program is $1026 per credit hour. Discounted rates are available through our employer tuition program.
- Application Deadline: January 11
- Certificate: The College of Business also offers a Marketing Certificate program for non-degree-seeking students.
- Completed Master's Application for Admission and non-refundable $50 application fee.
- A conferred bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent degree for international applicants.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. The applicant's bachelor's degree transcript must show a degree conferral date in order to be evaluated for admission consideration. If the graduate degree has been earned, the transcript must show the degree conferral date in order to be evaluated for admission consideration. Electronic transcripts can be sent via email or regular mail.
- Other admission documentation may be required.
Foreign Educated Applicants
- For those applicants who completed their degree outside of the United States, they must have their foreign transcript evaluated by a NACES-accredited organization.
- The independent academic evaluation must list the degree equivalency and include a GPA (grade point average) calculation as well as a course-by-course credit evaluation.
- The academic evaluation must be completed for all undergraduate work and be performed based on original and official documents.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
All applicants who received their bachelor's and any graduate degrees from a college or university where English is not the primary language of instruction are required to take an English language test. Test scores cannot be more than two years old.
- Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) minimum scores required - Internet-based (iBT) = 79
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score required = 6.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) minimum score required = 54.
- TALK International, School of Languages: Completion of level 9 test with a score of 85% or higher.
- Duolingo Test of English: 105 or higher
- If bachelor's or master's degree coursework was fully completed in English outside the USA, a letter from the institution on official letterhead would be required to waive the English Language requirement. The letter must state that all coursework was taught in English.
*An interview may also be required to determine the current level of English proficiency, even if the required scores and guidelines have been fulfilled.
Scholarships and Funding
We Honor Excellence…
The H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship recognizes and honors the academic strengths, leadership roles, community involvement, and skills of its students. We encourage students to achieve new heights in intellectual and personal development and are committed to rewarding these achievements through scholarship programs.
- AutoNation Scholarship
- CITY Furniture
- Florence Bayuk Educational Trust
- James F. Allen Scholarship
- Lori and Seth Wise/BBX Scholarship Endowment
- Lynda Leggett Moore Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Pathway Scholars Program
- Strategic Forum, Phil Bakes Scholarship
- Susie and Alan B Levan Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Terry W. Stiles Real Estate Development Scholarship
Tuition Awards & Other Aid Opportunities
- Government Employee Tuition Award
- Best for Our World™ Award
- Military Tuition Award
- Non-Profit Organizations Award
- NSU Alumni Tuition Award
M.B.A. Core Courses (22–31 credits)
- ACT 5001 * Introductory Accounting
- ACT 5140 Accounting for Decision Makers
- FIN 5008* Business Finance
- FIN 5130 Financial Management
- ISM 5150 Information Strategy for Digital Transformation
- MGT 5001 Developing Academic and Career Success
- MGT 5105 Managing Organizational Behavior in a Dynamic and Complex World
- MGT 5170 Applying Strategy for Managers
- MKT 5125 Marketing Decisions for Managers
- QNT 5000* Foundations of Business Statistics
- QNT 5160 Analytical Modeling for Decision Making
Marketing Major Required Course (3 credits)
- Open elective—any course in HCBE excluding CHS, ISEC, MSIT, and MMIS prefixes
Marketing Electives (12 credits - Choose four)
- MKT 5200 Customer Value
- MKT 5205 Consumer Behavior
- MKT 5225 Social Media Marketing
- MKT 5235 Global Marketing
- MKT 5245 Marketing Research and Analytics
- MKT 5255 Digital Marketing Analytics for Social Impact
- MKT 5280 Marketing Internship
* Course may be waived at the discretion of the department chair or designee. Waivers will only be considered when an equivalent course with a grade of C has been completed in the past 10 years.
Current students: Please consult your Academic Advisor for program requirements or access SharkLink for your Degree Works audit. Program requirements are subject to change, and your Academic Advisor or Degree works audit can provide you with the courses required for your catalog term.
- Marketing Benefits Manager: $128,750 (average salary per year)
- Sales Manager: $113,860 (average salary per year)
- Advertising and Promotions Manager: $95,890 (average salary per year)
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics