M.B.A. with a major in Human Resource Management
Nova Southeastern University, H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business & Entrepreneurship
Fort Lauderdale, USA
Distance Learning, On-Campus
18 - 24 months
USD 1,026 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* as a general estimate, you should anticipate a total tuition range of $38,000-$51,000 (depending on prerequisite courses) plus additional fees and textbooks. Tuition fees and additional fees are subject to change at any point in time
There are many good HR professionals. And a few great ones. What sets the second group apart? They’re strategic HR leaders who can stride confidently into any CEO’s office or boardroom to talk ROI metrics and demonstrate how their programs drive growth for the enterprise as a whole. They’re comfortable speaking the language of front-line teams and finance chiefs alike. These HR leaders are much harder for organizations to find and are highly valued when they do.
Be One of the Great Ones
With your M.B.A. major in Human Resource Management, you gain broader business acumen while honing your HR management skill set in conflict management, benefits and compensation, training and development, and other areas. Build the skills to help you earn respect from other executives and a real seat at the table.
- Curriculum: NSU’s M.B.A. program is 40-49 total credits to complete, depending on undergraduate coursework.
- Start Dates: The M.B.A. in Human Resource Management is available to start in August and January.
- Delivery Options: Classes for the Master of Business Administration program with a major in Human Resource Management are offered weeknights at NSU's Fort Lauderdale/Davie campus and online (asynchronously).
- Tuition: Tuition for the degree program is $1026 per credit hour. Discounted rates are available through our employer tuition program.
- Application Deadline: Fall: July 31 | Winter: January 11
- Certificate: The College of Business also offers a Human Resource Management Certificate program for non-degree-seeking students.
Scholarships and Funding
We Honor Excellence…
The H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship recognizes and honors the academic strengths, leadership roles, community involvement, and skills of its students. We encourage students to achieve new heights in intellectual and personal development and are committed to rewarding these achievements through scholarship programs.
- AutoNation Scholarship
- CITY Furniture
- Florence Bayuk Educational Trust
- James F. Allen Scholarship
- Lori and Seth Wise/BBX Scholarship Endowment
- Lynda Leggett Moore Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Pathway Scholars Program
- Strategic Forum, Phil Bakes Scholarship
- Susie and Alan B Levan Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Terry W. Stiles Real Estate Development Scholarship
Tuition Awards & Other Aid Opportunities
- Government Employee Tuition Award
- Best for Our World™ Award
- Military Tuition Award
- Non-Profit Organizations Award
- NSU Alumni Tuition Award
M.B.A. Core Courses (22–31 credits)
- ACT 5001* Introductory Accounting
- ACT 5140 Accounting for Decision Makers
- FIN 5008* Business Finance
- FIN 5130 Financial Management
- ISM 5150 Information Strategy for Digital Transformation
- MGT 5001 Developing Academic and Career Success
- MGT 5105 Managing Organizational Behavior in a Dynamic and Complex World
- MGT 5170 Applying Strategy for Managers
- MKT 5125 Marketing Decisions for Managers
- QNT 5000* Foundations of Business Statistics
- QNT 5160 Analytical Modeling for Decision Making
Major Courses Required (18 credits)
- HRM 5310 Managing Human Resources
- HRM 5360 Human Resource Development
- HRM 5365 Talent Management
- HRM 5375 Managing Total Rewards
- HRM 5380 Employee Relations
Choose one from the following:
- HRM 5355 Strategic Human Resource Management
- MGT 5680 Master of Business Administration Internship
* Course may be waived at the discretion of the department chair or designee. Waivers will only be considered when an equivalent course with a grade of C has been completed in the past 10 years.
Current students: Please consult your Academic Advisor for program requirements or access SharkLink for your Degree Works audit. Program requirements are subject to change, and your Academic Advisor or Degree works audit can provide you with the courses required for your catalog term.
- Compensation and Benefits Manager: $111,430 (average salary per year)
- Training and Development Manager: $102,640 (average salary per year)
- Human Resources Manager: $104,440 (average salary per year)
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics