M.B.A. with a major in Complex Health Systems Nova Southeastern University, H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business & Entrepreneurship
Welcome to the intersection where technology, research, and innovation all meet. Some call it the “new” business of healthcare. We call it your ticket to successful leadership in the profession.
While you already navigate health care’s enormous complexity and continual transformation, your M.B.A. in Complex Health Systems adds a powerful edge. It empowers you to improve patient, and stakeholder business solutions as a healthcare leader or facilitate cutting-edge laboratory findings, medicines, therapies, and device launches as an entrepreneur.
- Developed by Advisory Board of health care leaders, researchers, innovators, and entrepreneurs.
- Founded on NSU's Center for Collaborative Research's top-level relationships with incubator and early-stage healthcare businesses, biotech, and pharma.
- Emphasizes experiential learning environment in the class and inside the healthcare business continuum (hospitals, clinics, and research settings, including an experiential capstone course).
- Curriculum: NSU’s M.B.A. program is 40-49 total credits to complete, depending on undergraduate coursework.
- Start Dates: The M.B.A. with a Major in Complex Health Systems is available to start in August and January.
- Delivery Options: Classes for the Master of Business Administration program with a major in Complex Health Systems are offered weeknights at NSU's Fort Lauderdale/Davie campus and online.
- Tuition: Tuition for the degree program is $1026 per credit hour. Discounted rates are available through our employer tuition program.
- Application Deadline: Fall: July 31 | Winter: January 11
- Certificate: The College of Business also offers a Complex Health Systems Certificate program for non-degree-seeking students.
Scholarships and Funding
We Honor Excellence…
The H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship recognizes and honors the academic strengths, leadership roles, community involvement, and skills of its students. We encourage students to achieve new heights in intellectual and personal development and are committed to rewarding these achievements through scholarship programs.
- AutoNation Scholarship
- CITY Furniture
- Florence Bayuk Educational Trust
- James F. Allen Scholarship
- Lori and Seth Wise/BBX Scholarship Endowment
- Lynda Leggett Moore Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Pathway Scholars Program
- Strategic Forum, Phil Bakes Scholarship
- Susie and Alan B Levan Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Terry W. Stiles Real Estate Development Scholarship
Tuition Awards & Other Aid Opportunities
- Government Employee Tuition Award
- Best for Our World™ Award
- Military Tuition Award
- Non-Profit Organizations Award
- NSU Alumni Tuition Award
M.B.A. Core Courses (21–31 credits)
- ACT 5001* Introductory Accounting
- ACT 5140 Accounting for Decision Makers
- FIN 5008* Business Finance
- FIN 5130 Financial Management
- ISM 5150 Information Systems Strategy and Data Management
- MGT 5001 Developing Academic and Career Success
- MGT 5105 Managing Organizational Behavior in a Dynamic and Complex World
- MGT 5170 Applying Strategy for Managers
- MKT 5125 Marketing Decisions for Managers
- QNT 5000* Foundations of Business Statistics
- QNT 5160 Analytical Modeling for Decision Making
Major Courses Required (18 credits)
- CHS 5000 Governance in Complex Health Systems
- CHS 5100 Regulatory, Legal, and Ethical Environment in Complex Health Systems
- CHS 5200 Financial Environment in Complex Health Systems
- CHS 5300 Principles of Leading Changes, Collaboration, and Team Science in Complex Health Systems
- CHS 5400 Translational Research in Complex Health Systems
- CHS 5500 Practicum in Complex Health Systems
*Course may be waived at the discretion of the department chair or designee. Waivers will only be considered when an equivalent course with a grade of C has been earned in the past 10 years.
Current students: Please consult your Academic Advisor for program requirements or access SharkLink for your Degree Works audit. Program requirements are subject to change, and your Academic Advisor or Degree works audit can provide you with the courses required for your catalog term.
- Business Office Director: $127,579 (average salary per year)
- Head of Home Care: $113,612 (average Salary per year)
- Medical and Health Services Manager: $94,500 (average salary per year)