M.B.A. with a major in Business Intelligence / Analytics
Nova Southeastern University, H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business & Entrepreneurship
Fort Lauderdale, USA
Distance Learning, On-Campus
18 - 24 months
USD 1,026 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* as a general estimate, you should anticipate a total tuition range of $38,000-$51,000 (depending on prerequisite courses) plus additional fees and textbooks. Tuition fees and additional fees are subject to change at any point in time
The only way Big Data becomes a big business advantage is in the hands and on the screens of leaders who master how to identify, transform and communicate it in compelling ways key stakeholders understand.
If you’re ready to become a Business Intelligence/Analytics Shark, we’re ready to help you drive stronger decision-making, lower cost, optimized operations, and bigger new business win.
This STEM-designated M.B.A. in Business Intelligence and Analytics will ensure you meet the increasing demand for data-informed decision-makers.
- Curriculum: NSU’s M.B.A. program is 37-49 total credits to complete, depending on undergraduate coursework.
- Start Dates: The M.B.A. in Business Intelligence/Analytics program is available to start in August and January.
- Delivery Options: Classes for the Master of Business Administration program with a major in Business Intelligence and Analytics are offered weeknights at NSU's Fort Lauderdale/Davie campus and online (asynchronously).
- Tuition: Tuition for the degree program is $1026 per credit hour. Discounted rates are available through our employer tuition program.
- Application Deadline: Fall: July 31 | Winter: January 11
- Certificate: The College of Business also offers a Business Intelligence/Analytics Certificate program for non-degree-seeking students.
International students who graduate with a STEM degree increase their employability and may be eligible to remain in the U.S. for up to 36 months on Optional Practical Training (OPT). Further information about eligibility and requirements for the STEM OPT extension is available on the Department of Homeland Security website and through the university’s Office of International Affairs.
Scholarships and Funding
We Honor Excellence…
The H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship recognizes and honors the academic strengths, leadership roles, community involvement, and skills of its students. We encourage students to achieve new heights in intellectual and personal development and are committed to rewarding these achievements through scholarship programs.
- AutoNation Scholarship
- CITY Furniture
- Florence Bayuk Educational Trust
- James F. Allen Scholarship
- Lori and Seth Wise/BBX Scholarship Endowment
- Lynda Leggett Moore Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Pathway Scholars Program
- Strategic Forum, Phil Bakes Scholarship
- Susie and Alan B Levan Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Terry W. Stiles Real Estate Development Scholarship
Tuition Awards & Other Aid Opportunities
- Government Employee Tuition Award
- Best for Our World™ Award
- Military Tuition Award
- Non-Profit Organizations Award
- NSU Alumni Tuition Award
M.B.A. Core Courses (22–31 credits)
- ACT 5001* Introductory Accounting
- ACT 5140 Accounting for Decision Makers
- FIN 5008* Business Finance
- FIN 5130 Financial Management
- ISM 5150 Information Strategy for Digital Transformation
- MGT 5001 Developing Academic and Career Success
- MGT 5105 Managing Organizational Behavior in a Dynamic and Complex World
- MGT 5170 Applying Strategy for Managers
- MKT 5125 Marketing Decisions for Managers
- QNT 5000* Foundations of Business Statistics
- QNT 5160 Analytical Modeling for Decision Making
Business Intelligence/Analytics Major Courses (15 credits)
Major Courses Required
- QNT 5471 Digital Transformation and Analytics Strategy
- QNT 5476 Data Management and Business Intelligence
- QNT 5485 Data Mining and Predictive Analytics Fundamentals
- MSIT 0630 Database Systems
- MMIS 0643 Data Mining
* Course may be waived at the discretion of the department chair or designee. Waivers will only be considered when an equivalent course with a grade of C has been completed in the past 10 years.
Current students: Please consult your Academic Advisor for program requirements or access SharkLink for your Degree Works audit. Program requirements are subject to change, and your Academic Advisor or Degree works audit can provide you with the courses required for your catalog term.
- Data Modeling Analyst: $101,144 (average salary per year)
- Business Intelligence Director: $158,073 (average salary per year)
- Business Analytics Director: $148,270 (average salary per year)