M.B.A. with a major in Business (Flex)
Nova Southeastern University, H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business & Entrepreneurship
Fort Lauderdale, USA
Distance Learning, On-Campus
18 - 24 months
USD 1,026 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* as a general estimate, you should anticipate a total tuition range of $38,000-$51,000 (depending on prerequisite courses) plus additional fees and textbooks. Tuition fees and additional fees are subject to change at any point in time
You Define Success. We’ll Build the M.B.A. To Match It.
The NSU M.B.A. with a major in Business Flex delivers exactly what you need to achieve your goal. Ready to stop working for others and start your own business? Are you in International Business now but want to focus on Real Estate Development? You name the end goal; this degree path fulfills it.
You'll Learn From Professors With the Real-World Success You Seek
They’ve been there. Done that. Theory and practical knowledge combine into one immersive learning experience.
Now Let's Talk Connections
High-profile internships. Facility visits. Guest lectures by top industry leaders. Not to mention networking opportunities through 170,000 other NSU alums dominating their professions.
Prepare for success – no matter how you define it.
- Curriculum: NSU’s M.B.A. program is 37-49 total credits to complete, depending on undergraduate coursework.
- Start Dates: The M.B.A. in Business major is available to start in August and January.
- Delivery Options: Classes for the Master of Business Administration program with a major in Business (Flex) are offered weeknights at NSU's Fort Lauderdale/Davie campus and online (asynchronously). Select classes in the major, depending on the classes you choose that are offered online, may require synchronous learning.
- Tuition: Tuition for the degree program is $1026 per credit hour. Discounted rates are available through our employer tuition program.
- Application Deadline: Fall: July 31 | Winter: January 11
Scholarships and Funding
We Honor Excellence…
The H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship recognizes and honors the academic strengths, leadership roles, community involvement, and skills of its students. We encourage students to achieve new heights in intellectual and personal development and are committed to rewarding these achievements through scholarship programs.
- AutoNation Scholarship
- CITY Furniture
- Florence Bayuk Educational Trust
- James F. Allen Scholarship
- Lori and Seth Wise/BBX Scholarship Endowment
- Lynda Leggett Moore Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Pathway Scholars Program
- Strategic Forum, Phil Bakes Scholarship
- Susie and Alan B Levan Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Terry W. Stiles Real Estate Development Scholarship
Tuition Awards & Other Aid Opportunities
- Government Employee Tuition Award
- Best for Our World™ Award
- Military Tuition Award
- Non-Profit Organizations Award
- NSU Alumni Tuition Award
M.B.A. Core Curriculum (22-31 credits)
- ACT 5001* Introductory Accounting
- FIN 5008* Business Finance
- QNT 5000* Foundations of Business Statistics
- ACT 5140 Accounting For Decision Makers
- FIN 5130 Financial Management
- ISM 5150 Information Strategy for Digital Transformation
- MGT 5001** Developing Academic and Career Success
- MGT 5105 Managing Organizational Behavior in a Dynamic and Complex World
- MGT 5170 Applying Strategy for Managers
- MKT 5125 Marketing Decisions for Managers
- QNT 5160 Analytical Modeling for Decision Making
Course Electives (15 credits)
- QNT 5471 Digital Transformation and Analytics Strategy
- QNT 5476 Data Management and Business Intelligence
- QNT 5480 Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- QNT 5485 Data Mining and Predictive Analytics Fundamentals
- ENT 5960 Entrepreneurship / Venture Creation
- ENT 5990 International Trade for Entrepreneurs
- ENT 5940 Entrepreneurship Law
- ENT 5985 Lean Entrepreneurship
- ENT 5966 Special Topics in Entrepreneurship
- FIN 5503 Real World Finance and Sustainability
- FIN 5540 Banking
- FIN 5545 Financial Engineering
- FIN 5550 Sustainable Investment Strategies
- FIN 5570 Advanced Corporate Finance and Sustainability
Human Resource Management
- HRM 5310 Managing Human Resources
- FIN 5515 International Finance in a Sustainable World
- INB 5807 Foundations of Global Business
- MGT 5631 Leading People and Organizations
- MGT 5641 Critical Thinking for Managers
- MKT 5200 Customer Value
- MKT 5205 Consumer Behavior
- MKT 5225 Social Media Marketing
- MKT 5235 Global Marketing
- MKT 5245 Marketing Research and Analytics
- MKT 5260 Services Marketing
- PIM 5450 Quality Management
- PIM 5455 Project Management
Sport Revenue Generation
- SPT 5910 Sport Sponsorship Design and Strategies
- SPT 5920 Sport Ticketing, Concessions and Merchandise Management
- SPT 5930 Sport Event and Fundraising Strategies and Techniques
- SPT 5940 Sport Revenue Generation and Emerging Technologies
Supply Chain Management
- SCM 5410 Supply Chain Management
- SCM 5415 Managing International Transportation and Logistics
- Open elective—any course in HCBE excluding CHS, ISEC, MSIT, and MMIS prefixes
* Course may be waived at the discretion of the department chair or designee. Waivers will only be considered when an equivalent course with a grade of C has been completed in the past 10 years.
** Students must take MGT 5001 in their first term.
Current students: Please consult your Academic Advisor for program requirements or access SharkLink for your Degree Works audit. Program requirements are subject to change, and your Academic Advisor or Degree works audit can provide you with the courses required for your catalog term.
- Training and Development Manager: $105,830 (average salary per year)
- Chief Executive: $175,110 (average salary per year)
- Sales Manager: $117,960 (average salary per year)
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics