New Jersey City University
USD 755 / per credit *
Earliest start date
* 2020-2021 Graduate on-site tuition per credit: domestic: $755.55, international: $1,210.55
About This Degree
The Organizational Management and Leadership specialization prepares individuals for managerial responsibilities in business, government, and non-profit entities. This specialization develops broad-based skills in the management of cross-functional teams, project management, technology application, and new products and services development. A focus of the specialization is on managing a diverse workforce and competing in a multi-cultural global environment.
The Organizational Management and Leadership Specialization in the MBA degree program immerses graduate students in interesting and emergent topics in the dynamic field of management. Your MBA program will provide you with a solid grasp of business fundamentals, including both “hard” and “soft” business skills. These are taught through a fixed sequence of required courses, or “core classes.”
In the MBA with a specialization in Organizational Management and Leadership, you will be a business administration professional first and foremost, but with an enhanced understanding of traditional and contemporary management thought and best practices. The program is designed to help students gain the skills and knowledge needed to work in executive, supervisory, and management positions in various types of businesses.
The MBA in Organizational Management and Leadership prepares individuals for responsibilities in business, government, and non-profit entities. Students will develop skills in the management of cross-functional teams, project management, technology application, and new products and services development. A focus is on managing a diverse workforce and competing in a multicultural global environment.
*Deadlines are subject to change. Deadline extensions may be granted on a case by case. Please contact Graduate Admissions for more information [email protected].
The 36-credit course of study assumes an undergraduate degree in Business, which includes financial accounting at the intermediate level, and two semesters of statistics. Students with a degree in Business, but without these courses may be required to take:
BUSI 599 with the embedded Harvard Business School Online Credential of Readiness (CORe) in the first semester and attain a grade of B to continue in the MBA program.
Core Requirements: 18 credits
- FINC 514 Introduction to Business Analytics and Data Science, 3 credits
- FINC 507 Corporate Financial Management, 3 credits
- MGMT 595 Executive Communication, 3 credits
- MGMT 516 Global Strategic Management, 3 credits
- MKTG 515 Contemporary Marketing Perspectives: Trends, Strategies, and Practice, 3 credits
- ACCT 552 Strategic Profitability Analysis: Accounting for Managers, 3 credits
- MGMT 515 Behavioral Issues and Ethics in Management, 3 credits
- MGMT 697 Business Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, 3 credits
- MGMT 711 Managing for Internal Innovation, 3 credits
- MGMT 713 Managing the Services Organization, 3 credits
- MGMT 714 Transformational and Situational Leadership, 3 credits
Capstone Requirement *: 3 credits
- BUSI 799 Interdisciplinary Capstone in Business Administration, 3 credits
Total Credits: 36
* Thesis option available. Students must take one additional class - BUSI 703.
Sample Degree Maps are based on full-time status. Full-time for graduate learners is defined as taking nine credits or more in a term. The term is defined as an academic time period during which the school holds classes. It may refer to scheduled fall, winter intersession, spring, or summer sessions. This is a sample degree map and sequence for required course work. Individual plans may vary based on specific learner needs. Students without an undergraduate business degree or degree in a related discipline may be required to take BUSI 599 Graduate Business Essentials (9 credits).
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.