MBA in Sustainable Development and Management Nalanda University
The School Management Studies offers an MBA programme in Sustainable Development and Management which is open to both Indian and International students/professionals. The objective of the school is to train students who would not only be sensitive to current trends of the market for sustainable growth but also provide innovative solutions to the multifarious global sustainable growth and also innovate solutions to the multifarious global challenges of sustainability.
Students/Executives can exit the programme after one year with a Diploma.
Focus areas of the Programme
- Organizational Behaviour
- Macro Economics and Monetary Policy
- Sustainability Management
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Social Entrepreneurship and Sustainability
- Sustainable Business Leadership
- International Trade and Finance
- Blue Economy
- New Renewable Resources
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Sustainable Urbanization and Development
- Poverty and Sustainable Development
- Climate Change and Development
- Internship with Industry/Corporate
Students are required to complete 74 credits of course work (18 credits per semester and 2 credits for a summer internship). All the courses have in-class written exams (Midterm and Finals).
|Summer Internships: Two Credits ( 6-8 weeks)|
The requirements specified below are the minimum necessary for graduate admission to the University.
- Students from any educational stream i.e Humanities/Sciences/ Engineering/ Management/Law etc. can apply for any of the programmes at Nalanda University.
- Self-Introduction/Bio-Note Statement (Not more than 250 words)
- Statement of Purpose (SoP)
- Why do you want to study at Nalanda University? (100 words)
- The reasons for choosing the programme (300 – 500 words)
- Proof of English proficiency is required for students coming from non-English speaking countries/medium:
- TOEFL/IELTS or any other standard certification in English
- The candidate having full-time degree-level course, entirely taught and assessed in English exempted from submitting any certification in English
- For Indian students, the minimum criteria are 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average(GPA) in Undergraduate Degree and a minimum score of 70 percentile in CAT or XAT or MAT is required.
- For International students, a minimum credit score/GPA at the Undergraduate level to be 3.0/4.0 GPA or equivalent GPA or
- 55% or equivalent Grade Point Average(GPA) in Undergraduate Degree with a relevant GMAT score
For Working Executives (for MBA programme):
- Minimum 5 years of working experience
- No Objection Certificate is required from the employer for working executives/sponsored candidates/ candidates on sabbatical/candidates recommended by PSUs/GOI Departments.
- CAT/XAT/MAT score will not be applicable to experienced/working executives.
- Step1: Students need to fill out our online application form
- Step 2: Based on the eligibility criteria, fully completed applications will be shortlisted
- Step 3: Shortlisted candidates will be asked to appear for an interview over a Video call
Interviews for all the programmes will start from 31st March 2022.
- Step 4: Selected candidates will be informed through email
For any queries, students can visit the Nalanda University webpage or write to us.
On successful completion, students of MBA (SDSM) would have opportunities to work in different industries such as Oil & Gas, information technology, textile, cement, agribusiness, environment and education. Some of the prospective departments/ domains where they could utilize their expertise are sustainability, environment, health and safety (EHS) department, CSR, energy consulting, sustainability consulting, sustainability reporting and green marketing. Students can also opt for conventional profiles like marketing, finance, operations, IT, consulting. A few examples of the entry-level profiles for our students include:
- Sustainability Managers/ consultants
- Research analysts
- Green Finance Managers
- Financial Modelling Experts
- Product/Brand Managers
- CSR Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Associates
- EHS Officers
Besides their demand in the industry, these professionals would also be trained to become social entrepreneurs and could also start their own enterprises (start-ups) in the upcoming fields related to business sustainability and ensure that they become job providers than becoming job seekers.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
- Students can apply for external funding/scholarships offered by the Government of India
- ICCR Scholarship. Select Nalanda University as a first choice
- Study in India. Select Nalanda University as a first choice
- The University has scholarships for the ASEAN countries, BIMSTEC nations, Bhutan. Limited scholarships for students from Developing Countries and Monks/Nuns students. To be considered for a scholarship, the student has to submit an online application and attend an online interview.