Executive MBA in Business Innovation MIB Trieste School of Management
This part-time Master Course combines a solid General Management program with a fluid Business Innovation edge, that explores the deep tech-driven business innovation challenges.
Deep tech is the set of cutting-edge and disruptive technologies based on scientific discoveries, engineering, physics, and medicine enabling a new cadre of business model innovation, the most powerful asset for steady growth.
Designed with a part-time formula to be totally suitable to your personal and professional life, the EMBAIN program is structured in:
- training sessions in the classroom
- distance learning
- on the field projects
- a business tour in Israel (elective activity)
Joining the Executive MBA in Business Innovation means to:
Develop an Entrepreneurial Mindset
A real journey from the Idea to the Prototype
- The Entrepreneurial Management course is the backbone of the program
- Direct application of learnings in team and impact projects
- Implementation of the Business Design Approach
- Support from experienced experts from various fields
- Prototyping in the high-tech workshop MakerSpace
- Presentation of the Prototype to a Venture Capital, ready to invest
Join a world-class Innovation Ecosystem
- MIB Trieste is a world-class university with a focus on entrepreneurship and a network of 2.500 alumni from over 90 countries, and 32 Companies in the Consortium
- Venture Factory opens its deep-tech start-up network and partners (universities, research institutions, corporations, and venture capital funds)
- DCC Venice is the digital model factory where to experiment the modern 4.0 factory
- Galileo brings the best design-thinking minds, to develop a real Product Design Journey
Enjoy the InnoTech Community of the European House- Ambrosetti
- The Community (over 200 members) brings together the protagonists of key sectors for the development of the ecosystem in Italy: Research, Enterprise, Finance, and Institutions
- The Technology Forum is the annual appointment with innovation, which represents a precious opportunity to meet the most influential innovators from all over the world, interact with policymakers and learn from international success stories.
An accredited MBA
The Executive MBA in Business Innovation is accredited by AMBA – Association of MBAs, the international certifying body which only accredits the leading 2% of the world's business schools with MBA programs, focusing on impact, employability, and learning outcomes.
AMBA accreditation denotes the highest standard of achievement in postgraduate business education.
In Italy, only 4 schools can offer AMBA Accredited MBAs.
What we call digital transformation is a new competitive condition characterized by the need for continuous innovation and agile experimentation of new businesses. The pressure to innovate is enormous because tech-based innovation is not a choice, nor a one-time shift to be survived – but a wheelset in motion that will continue to demand constant change, and unrelenting forward-looking leadership.
The Executive MBA in Business Innovation (EMBAIN) is designed for managers who want to exploit the opportunities offered by new technologies to increase agility and transform the business models of their companies.
What you get out
- Cross-fertilization of competencies between managers and scientists
- A new business mindset
- Top Knowledge with academic and industry experts
- Relations and access to Partners networks
- Real-life projects and new ventures
- Best practices and strategies for your business and career
A part-time program
The Executive MBA in Business Innovation, starting in May 2023, is held in English and lasts 22 months, experiencing classes and activities in 4 cities: Trieste, Milan, Padua, and Venice.
This is a cutting edge program, designed to mesh with the intense work schedule of a successful business professional.
It is composed of 2 parallel learning streams:
- The Master Core, that brings the solid backbone of an MBA program.
- The Innovation fringe puts students in touch with some state-of-the-art technologies directly in some of the most prestigious innovation centers in Italy.
A weekend formula
The Executive MBA in Business Innovation lasts 22 months, with classes structured in the:
- 3 residential weeks in Trieste from Monday to Saturday (Sat. only in the morning): one at the beginning of the Master, one in the middle, and the last one at the end of the program.
- 19 weekends with training sessions on Friday and Saturday (17 weekends in Milan, 1 in Pisa, and 1 in Padua).
The part-time format allows you to continue advancing in your career while you study, in an innovative environment.
MIB’s online platform will be a precious tool to keep in touch with lecturers and classmates and to always stay updated with all teaching materials.
The Phi-gital Experience
EMBAIN pedagogic model is both physical and digital.
Learning in Presence - 100% of the structured contents of the MBA are delivered in the presence of the richness of the classroom experience.
Operating online - the curriculum is largely based on teams' online action research using Online Collaboration Tools (e.g. Microsoft Teams, Citryx Go To Meeting, etc.)
The constant interaction among participant teams and lecturers will make program contents naturally evolve in line with the business environment, keeping contact with the state of art of technologies, throughout the whole length of the MBA.
The EMBA-in Phases
To gain the Executive MBA in Business Innovation diploma, you have to reach 60 ECTS credits.
General Management Core - 40 Credits
It is developed in 7 courses lasting 8 weeks of training sessions, in Trieste and in Milan. Each course has an opening and a closing session of 2 days. Here are the Core courses:
- Human Resources and Leadership Skills | 6 credits
- Accounting and Reporting | 6 credits
- Corporate Finance and Business Planning | 6 credits
- Strategic Marketing | 6 credits
- Agile Operations & Project Management | 4 credits
- Strategic Management and Organization Design | 6 credits
- Managerial Accounting and Balanced Scorecard | 6 credits
Business Innovation Edge - 14 credits
A vertical of 7 courses (out of 16 in total):
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence for business | 2 credits
- Open Innovation Platforms and Ecosystems business models | 2 credits
- Design Thinking Lab | 2 credits
- Robotics: from Logistics to Companion | 2 credits
- Introduction to Venture Capital: put yourself in the shoes of the investor | 2 credits
- Lifescience Zone: how to develop winning solutions in global markets | 2 credits
- The Agile Company 4.0 | 2 credits
Entrepreneurial Management Course - 6 Credits
This is a central element of the EMBI program that links the two streams of the program: the General Management Core and the Business Innovation Edge. In a small team, you will experience the challenge to develop a real business start-up.
It is designed as a longitudinal growth process that starts the first week of the program and ends on the last day of your learning experience, with the discussion of the project in front of the final graduation commission, composed of both trainers and real investors.
The course integrates the tools learned in all the other EMBI courses into an overall framework to help general managers of all kinds of organizations to become more effective at managing their evolution, developing a bias for action.
Aims at three Learning Outcomes:
- Defining and Developing the Business Model
- Resourcing the Business Model
- Operating the Business Model
The Business Trip in Israel
Israel in recent years has established itself on the global innovation scene as the "Start-Up Nation": it is one of the districts with the highest concentration of technology start-ups per square kilometer in the world.
You have the chance to attend an International Business Tour in Israel: this is an elective activity, lasting around a week.
The Innovation Trip will be a concentration of company visits and meetings with the Top Management of global companies and leaders in their sectors, that make Israel an example of the avant-garde: cybersecurity, mobility, energy technologies, investment funds, and biotech, are just some of the topics that will be treated.
Deadline to apply: April 2023
The Executive MBA in Business Innovation welcomes managers, entrepreneurs, consultants, and start-uppers with strong professional experience and with a focus on technology and innovation.
The classroom is open to a maximum of 30 participants with diverse educational backgrounds and experiences.
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline
- At least 3 years of post-graduate work experience
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Interest, motivation, or attitude towards technology and innovation.
If you meet the mandatory requirements, you may begin the Admissions process.
How to Apply
The admission to the Executive MBA in Business Innovation includes the following phases:
- Step 1 - Online Application
- Step 2 – Feedback by Admissions Board
- Step 3 – Documentation
- Step 4 - Selections Interview and Tests
- Step 5 – Final Feedback