Master in Business Management (MBA) Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies
While you're looking for roles in which you can apply your acquired business and management skills, you will also want to integrate your values, career ambitions, and financial future into a single opportunity. The right way is studying Business Management and expand your professional achievements and impact in society.
Professional master’s degree programme “Business Management” is designed to adapt to the changing environment of the labour market and demands for the development of skills and competencies with a particular emphasis on interdisciplinary skills (use of resources, assessment of regional differences in economic decision-making and the cross-sectoral context of the bioeconomy) as well as soft skills, such as teamwork, decision making in changing situations, leadership development.
Programme director - Andra Zvirbule says:
“Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them. MBA studies are the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.”
1. semester: Human Resource Management, Finance and Investment Management, Data Processing and Business Intelligence, Knowledge Management and Innovations, Business Planning and Controlling
2. semester: Sustainable Development and the Circular Economy, Coaching and Leadership, Corporate Governance, Professional traineeship in Management
3. semester: Writing a Master Thesis
The assessment of professional skills – will be measured in independent and practical work. Which includes: calculations, information collecting and processing with various methods (debates, discussions, case studies, publications, research paper writing, creation of a portfolio, etc.) are used according to the aim of the specific study course.
Knowledge is assessed by grades taken from tests, calculations, individual works and as a part of study course exam. The assessment of integrated knowledge, skills and competencies will be tested with the resulting Master thesis.
- Students have extended conceptual knowledge of management processes in organizations, business processes in companies and factors that influence decisions of business management and development;
- Students are able to communicate and collaborate with professionals and the general public on professional issues, strategies and policies in accordance with the objectives set for tasks;
- Students have skills to work not only as a team member, but also to take a leadership role in communicating an idea to the local as well as international audience;
- Students are able to define and critically analyse problems and challenges in entrepreneurship and business activities of organizations, to justify their solutions, carry out additional analysis, if necessary, taking into account resource constraints, stakeholder interests and sustainability considerations;
Students are able applying creative and innovative approach and / or solving problem situations in management process.
Program Tuition Fee
MBA graduates occupy top positions in companies across industries: business operations manager; financial manager;human resources manager; management consultant; marketing manager ect. You’ll find MBA graduates in government, healthcare, consumer goods; in big companies, startups, and small and mid-size enterprises (SMEs).