MBA in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
IU International University of Applied Sciences
EUR 10,017 / per year *
Earliest start date
01 Apr 2024
* The price includes discount on tuition fees. For more details check on IU’s website.
The master’s programme in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (MBA) is designed to give you a strong business innovation foundation for a future career in the start-up sector. In this programme, you’ll focus on developing your innovation initiatives through creativity and willingness to take risks as well as an entrepreneurial mindset with strong management skills and market familiarity.
Through courses like Business Model Design and Digital Business Models, you’ll also build a strong understanding on how to develop business models – both traditional and innovatively digital.
This program is offered on-site at IU's global campus situated in the vibrant city of Berlin. Additionally, you'll have the option to extend your experience with an 18-month post-study work visa, enabling you to work and explore Germany.
What does it mean to study on IU Campus?
• All programmes taught in English
• 2-4 intakes per year – programme dependent
• A mix of online self-study and on-campus learning (2-3 days per week) in Germany
• IU’s AI-driven teaching assistant helps you prepare for exams, find materials in the virtual library, and clarify questions
• Study and collaborate in small groups during on-campus tutorials
• Free online German language course
• Access to jobs board and optional internship module
• Optional internship module
• 18-month post-study visa eligibility
• Blended learning: Attend tutorials on campus only 2-3 times per week
• Flexible: Study online at your own schedule the rest of the week
• Explore work-study options in Germany: up to 20 hours per week while studying
• Career-oriented: IU provides specialized degree programs in high-demand fields.
• Courses: combine theory and practical application through real-life case studies
• Kickstart your career in Germany: after graduation with an 18-month post-study visa
• All programmes are accredited: according to German and EU standards in education
• IU degrees are internationally recognised and can be converted to overseas equivalents for work or further studies
• Recognised by WES Canada & US and member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
Free Upcoming IU Webinars
Study with IU! Find out what it’s like to study at IU. IU's experienced study advisors will give you all the insights about the study programmes, online or on campus, study coaching and more. It’s also a great chance to ask your questions.
Scholarships and Funding
Change your future with IU - apply and save up to 25%!
IU is always looking for new ways to help you combine high-quality education, accessible education, no matter your circumstances. You have the chance to get up to 25% off your on-campus studies!
Join IU on its campuses in Berlin. Their lectures will offer great flexibility, giving you a chance to work, socialize and explore a new continent while working towards your future.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Measurement
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
- Strategic Management
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Operations and Information Management
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystems
- Innovation and Design Lab
- Capstone Project Thesis & Defence
How does the course of studies work?
In the second semester of your MBA programme Innovation & Entrepreneurship, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Flexible Mix & Match
For this course, you can pick and choose if you want to study online or on campus. You can combine semesters at home with semesters at an IU location.
Your own pace
We have full-time and part-time study models for this course. You can choose how you want to study and how long this course will take to suit your schedule.
Accreditations, Rankings, and Memberships
IU International University of Applied Sciences has received system accreditation from EQAR, FIBAA, the German Accreditation Council, and the German Council of Science and Humanities. This means that their courses, faculty and teaching materials meet the rigorous standards set according to European academic guidelines and they can now accredit their own programmes.
Awards and Rankings
IU is the first German university to get 99/100 on the QS Stars Report, but they also topped 6 out of 25 categories in Germany’s largest university ranking by CHE. Recently IU’s online MBA programmes ranked 26th in Europe in the prestigious QS Online MBA Rankings, an impressive achievement and recognition on the international stage.
IU is a member of the Business Graduate’s Association, Online Learning Consortium, AASCB, and UNESCO's Global Education Coalition. These memberships give them connections to other institutions, companies, and NGOs as well as top-tier degree programmes and lifelong learning development courses. By leveraging cutting-edge technology, IU helps students in need to continue their education and pursue lifelong learning
Since April 2023, IU is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), the largest university association in the world with foreign universities as an associate member. IU is also the only European member of Association of African Universities (AAU), a network of over 420 universities and research centres from across the African continent
Global Recognition and Academic Partners
As IU is recognised by WES Canada and U.S., their degrees can be converted into points according to local academic standards in the Canadian Immigration Point System and American Immigration Assessment Scheme.
Through partnerships with academic institutions from all around the world, IU offers a more affordable way for students to study and live abroad. The IU Study Abroad Alliance lets students start a degree online at IU and complete it at a partner university in the US, Canada, Australia or Europe, where career opportunities are aplenty
What you will learn from us
- Master your management skills and train your analytical skills to become a confident leader in your field.
- Develop a sound understanding of general and engineering-related activities in project management.
- Understand relevant concepts and processes of product development, modern supply chains, and be able to differentiate different areas of the Internet of Things.
Program Tuition Fee
This specialisation prepares our graduates to use creativity and entrepreneurial skills at a well-established company. Additionally, you will be able to lead various kinds of projects from their early stages right up to their completion. As a graduate, you will also have the ability to build businesses up from scratch, elevate your user base, conduct experiments or work as growth hackers. IU's MBA specialising in Innovation & Entrepreneurship can lead to jobs such as CEO, Business Owner, Business Intelligence Analyst, and Project Manager amongst many others.
As a Consultant, you are an expert at analysing the situation, assessing the needs and targets of your client, and offering confident advice. You will service companies in various industries, collaborating with them to develop a strategy and follow a plan for growth, guiding them on how to introduce change, position themselves in the market, improve their management, or make decisions surrounding the investment. As a consultant, your responsibilities include helping innovators take the initiative and put their ideas into action through methods like service design, lean start-up, and design thinking. If you are employed in a consultancy, you keep the goals of your employer in mind but ensure that your client makes decisions that get them the answers they need.
Be your own boss. Start with your ideas and build them from the ground up in the way that works for you. As a business owner, you will be able to make the final call on the business plans and products, delegate to other employees based on their strengths, and be the face of your own company as it reaches success.
Your career? International!
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IU prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.