MBA in Engineering Management
IU International University of Applied Sciences
EUR 10,017 / per year *
Earliest start date
01 Apr 2024
* The price includes discount on tuition fees. For more details check on IU’s website.
What is next for an Engineer who wants to level up it's career?
Simple, an MBA in Engineering Management!
IU's all-in-one degree in Engineering Management follows a holistic approach. You will be taught scientific basics, practical procedures, and important soft skills in management that are relevant to an increasingly interconnected engineering world. The two modules, Internet of Things (IoT) and Manufacturing Processes Industry 4.0, are the programme's major engineering components, supplemented by Strategic Management and International Marketing. You'll be prepared to lead engineering teams through difficult projects, for example, with excellent management abilities, adaptability, and skills.
This programme is available onsite at IU's international campus, in Berlin, and you’ll have the option to continue with an 18-month post-study work visa, which allows you to work in and explore Germany. Further more, you will have the opportunity to learn in small study groups and apply your knowledge practically.
What does it mean to study on IU Campus?
• All programmes taught in English
• 2-4 intakes per year – programme dependent
• A mix of online self-study and on-campus learning (2-3 days per week) in Germany
• IU’s AI-driven teaching assistant helps you prepare for exams, find materials in the virtual library, and clarify questions
• Study and collaborate in small groups during on-campus tutorials
• Free online German language course
• Access to jobs board and optional internship module
• Optional internship module
• 18-month post-study visa eligibility
• Blended learning: Attend tutorials on campus only 2-3 times per week
• Flexible: Study online at your own schedule the rest of the week
• Explore work-study options in Germany: up to 20 hours per week while studying
• Career-oriented: IU provides specialized degree programs in high-demand fields.
• Courses: combine theory and practical application through real-life case studies
• Kickstart your career in Germany: after graduation with an 18-month post-study visa
• All programmes are accredited: according to German and EU standards in education
• IU degrees are internationally recognised and can be converted to overseas equivalents for work or further studies
• Recognised by WES Canada & US and member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
Free Upcoming IU Webinars
Study with IU! Find out what it’s like to study at IU. IU's experienced study advisors will give you all the insights about the study programmes, online or on campus, study coaching and more. It’s also a great chance to ask your questions.
Scholarships and Funding
Change your future with IU - apply and save up to 25%!
IU is always looking for new ways to help you combine high-quality education, accessible education, no matter your circumstances. You have the chance to get up to 25% off your on-campus studies!
Join IU on its campuses in Berlin. Their lectures will offer great flexibility, giving you a chance to work, socialize and explore a new continent while working towards your future.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Measurement
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
- Strategic Management
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Operations and Information Management
- Internet of Things
- Manufacturing Methods Industry 4.0
- Product Development
- Design Thinking
- Capstone Project
How does the course of studies work?
In the second semester of your MBA programme Engineering Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Flexible Mix & Match
For this course, you can pick and choose if you want to study online or on campus. You can combine semesters at home with semesters at an IU location.
Your own pace
We have full-time and part-time study models for this course. You can choose how you want to study and how long this course will take to suit your schedule.
Accreditations, Rankings, and Memberships
IU International University of Applied Sciences has received system accreditation from EQAR, FIBAA, the German Accreditation Council, and the German Council of Science and Humanities. This means that their courses, faculty and teaching materials meet the rigorous standards set according to European academic guidelines and they can now accredit their own programmes.
Awards and Rankings
IU is the first German university to get 99/100 on the QS Stars Report, but they also topped 6 out of 25 categories in Germany’s largest university ranking by CHE. Recently IU’s online MBA programmes ranked 26th in Europe in the prestigious QS Online MBA Rankings, an impressive achievement and recognition on the international stage.
IU is a member of the Business Graduate’s Association, Online Learning Consortium, AASCB, and UNESCO's Global Education Coalition. These memberships give them connections to other institutions, companies, and NGOs as well as top-tier degree programmes and lifelong learning development courses. By leveraging cutting-edge technology, IU helps students in need to continue their education and pursue lifelong learning
Since April 2023, IU is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), the largest university association in the world with foreign universities as an associate member. IU is also the only European member of Association of African Universities (AAU), a network of over 420 universities and research centres from across the African continent
Global Recognition and Academic Partners
As IU is recognised by WES Canada and U.S., their degrees can be converted into points according to local academic standards in the Canadian Immigration Point System and American Immigration Assessment Scheme.
Through partnerships with academic institutions from all around the world, IU offers a more affordable way for students to study and live abroad. The IU Study Abroad Alliance lets students start a degree online at IU and complete it at a partner university in the US, Canada, Australia or Europe, where career opportunities are aplenty
What you will learn
- Master your management skills and train your analytical skills to become a confident leader in your field.
- Develop a sound understanding of general and engineering-related activities in project management.
- Understand relevant concepts and processes of product development, modern supply chains, and be able to differentiate different areas of the Internet of Things.
Program Tuition Fee
Once you graduate with this MBA degree, you’ll be met with excellent career prospects. You'll thrive in roles that require interdisciplinary knowledge of technology and business—which could take you into any sector. With the highly valuable skills learned in this course, you could move on to create innovative products, inspire motivated teams, and build brave new companies.
Engineering project manager
Engineering Project Managers are responsible for complete support for demanding large-scale projects. Their knowledge is even required in the evaluation of customer inquiries in order to develop concepts including alternative solutions. Engineering Project Managers involve operators, suppliers, specialist departments and authorities in realising projects. Their business knowledge provides a foundation for estimating risks and including costs in calculations. You also check technical documents and advise on technical problems.
As a Quality Manager in the technical field, you are responsible for improving process, product, material and service quality. Customer requirements need to be met in terms of product quality; quality costs must be minimised, and production times shortened in order to achieve effective manufacturing processes. You analyse production and business processes, define weaknesses, develop appropriate measures and implement them. You work closely with the departments such as development, design, production, materials management, procurement and possibly also with technical marketing, sales and product management.
Your career? International!
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IU prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.