MBA in Big Data Management
IU International University of Applied Sciences
EUR 10,017 / per year *
Earliest start date
01 Apr 2024
* The price includes discount on tuition fees. For more details check on IU’s website.
Level up your career with an MBA in Big Data Management!
An MBA in Big Data empowers you to excel in the data-driven business landscape. It equips you with the skills to analyze and leverage large datasets, make informed decisions, and drive innovation, opening doors to high-demand roles in data management, analytics, and strategic leadership positions.
IU's MBA in Big Data Management will prepare you for a successful career as a big data specialist by helping you gain comprehensive knowledge from all relevant data management areas.
This programme is available onsite at IU's international campus, in Berlin, and you’ll have the option to continue with an 18-month post-study work visa, which allows you to work in and explore Germany. Further more, you will have the opportunity to learn in small study groups and apply your knowledge practically.
What does it mean to study on IU Campus?
• All programmes taught in English
• 2-4 intakes per year – programme dependent
• A mix of online self-study and on-campus learning (2-3 days per week) in Germany
• IU’s AI-driven teaching assistant helps you prepare for exams, find materials in the virtual library, and clarify questions
• Study and collaborate in small groups during on-campus tutorials
• Free online German language course
• Access to jobs board and optional internship module
• Optional internship module
• 18-month post-study visa eligibility
• Blended learning: Attend tutorials on campus only 2-3 times per week
• Flexible: Study online at your own schedule the rest of the week
• Explore work-study options in Germany: up to 20 hours per week while studying
• Career-oriented: IU provides specialized degree programs in high-demand fields.
• Courses: combine theory and practical application through real-life case studies
• Kickstart your career in Germany: after graduation with an 18-month post-study visa
• All programmes are accredited: according to German and EU standards in education
• IU degrees are internationally recognised and can be converted to overseas equivalents for work or further studies
• Recognised by WES Canada & US and member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
Scholarships and Funding
Change your future with IU - apply and save up to 25%!
IU is always looking for new ways to help you combine high-quality education, accessible education, no matter your circumstances. You have the chance to get up to 25% off your on-campus studies!
Join IU on its campuses in Berlin. Their lectures will offer great flexibility, giving you a chance to work, socialize and explore a new continent while working towards your future.
Free Upcoming IU Webinars
Study with IU! Find out what it’s like to study at IU. IU's experienced study advisors will give you all the insights about the study programmes, online or on campus, study coaching and more. It’s also a great chance to ask your questions.
Over the course of the three semesters of your MBA specialising in Big Data, your studies will be extremely practice-oriented.
- You’ll develop all the relevant business skills you’ll need as a successful Big Data manager:
- You’ll acquire in-depth technical expertise in strategy and operational corporate management.
- You’ll enhance your soft skills and train your analytical talent.
- You’ll learn how to prepare data for specific purposes, merge data from multiple sources and analyse data in the context of overarching relationships.
- You’ll take a critical look at a variety of solutions and solution providers, taking into account ethical, social, and data protection issues.
Accreditations, Rankings, and Memberships
IU International University of Applied Sciences has received system accreditation from EQAR, FIBAA, the German Accreditation Council, and the German Council of Science and Humanities. This means that their courses, faculty and teaching materials meet the rigorous standards set according to European academic guidelines and they can now accredit their own programmes.
Awards and Rankings
IU is the first German university to get 99/100 on the QS Stars Report, but they also topped 6 out of 25 categories in Germany’s largest university ranking by CHE. Recently IU’s online MBA programmes ranked 26th in Europe in the prestigious QS Online MBA Rankings, an impressive achievement and recognition on the international stage.
IU is a member of the Business Graduate’s Association, Online Learning Consortium, AASCB, and UNESCO's Global Education Coalition. These memberships give them connections to other institutions, companies, and NGOs as well as top-tier degree programmes and lifelong learning development courses. By leveraging cutting-edge technology, IU helps students in need to continue their education and pursue lifelong learning
Since April 2023, IU is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), the largest university association in the world with foreign universities as an associate member. IU is also the only European member of Association of African Universities (AAU), a network of over 420 universities and research centres from across the African continent
Global Recognition and Academic Partners
As IU is recognised by WES Canada and U.S., their degrees can be converted into points according to local academic standards in the Canadian Immigration Point System and American Immigration Assessment Scheme.
Through partnerships with academic institutions from all around the world, IU offers a more affordable way for students to study and live abroad. The IU Study Abroad Alliance lets students start a degree online at IU and complete it at a partner university in the US, Canada, Australia or Europe, where career opportunities are aplenty
Program Tuition Fee
The development of systems and structures in the field of data management is the focus of many growth-oriented companies across all industries. Once you’ve completed your degree, you could work as...
Big Data Scientist
Big data scientists take on tasks at the interface between mathematics, statistics, computer science, and management. In this function, they are responsible for using their company's data in a goal-oriented manner. In doing so, they take care of both the evaluation of data and its analysis in the context of business management interrelationships.
Big Data Engineer
The role of a data engineer involves many exciting challenges: As a data engineer, you generally ensure that data in your company is generated, stored, maintained, processed, and passed on in a targeted manner. You also take care of setting up and monitoring the hardware and software structure. Your tasks range from conception to purchasing and setting up the necessary components to deciding which software and services are to be implemented.
As a BI (Business Intelligence) consultant, you are responsible for preparing and transforming data so that it can be evaluated efficiently. You have a sure feeling for current trends, which you recognise quickly. You analyse customer behaviour and provide data-based fundamentals that support your company in future decisions. In doing so, you act as an important link between IT and other departments of your company.