MBA - Human Resource Management IU International University of Applied Sciences
Make 2023 your year. Change your future with IU - apply and save up to 25%!
IU is always looking for new ways to help you combine high-quality education, accessible education, no matter your circumstances. You have the chance to get up to 25% off your on-campus studies! Join IU on one of their campuses in Bad Honnef or enjoy a major European city in Berlin. Their lectures still offer great flexibility, giving you a chance to work, socialize and explore a new continent while working towards your future.
Bachelor 180 ECTS - 25% discount
Master 60 ECTS - 19% discount
MBA 90 ECTS - 6% discount
Master 120 ECTS - 17% discount
Your degree, your way:
We design our programmes and courses to be as flexible and innovative as possible—without sacrificing quality. We deliver specialist expertise and innovative learning materials as well as focusing on excellent student services and professional advice. With IU you can study on campus, online or combine both and switch between the two. Our distance learning materials allow you to gain an accredited degree from wherever you are and work around your job or personal commitments.
Prefer to study on campus? Get your real-life university experience at one of our two campuses in Germany and network with people from all over the world.
- #1 University in Europe: Join Europe’s largest private University with more than 100,000 students
- Maximum Flexibility: Study on campus, online or switch between the two options. You choose where you want to study.
- Fully Accredited Degree: All our degrees benefit from German state accreditation and are internationally recognized in major jurisdictions such as the EU, US and UK
- Study at a 5-star rated University from QS: IU is the first German university that achieved a 5-star rating for Online Learning from QS
- International Focus, Practical Orientation: We focus on practical training and an international outlook which gives IU graduates a decisive advantage: 94% of our graduates have a job within six months of graduation and, after an average of two years on the job, 80% move into management. Plus, we work closely with big companies such as Lufthansa, Sixt, and EY to give you great opportunities and insights.
About the Programme
The MBA specialising in Human Resource Management prepares you for a leadership role in any industry in the field of HR and personnel management. You will learn core functions that give you the decision-making skills required to find qualified workers with the right skillset and finalise remuneration for them. Companies today constantly need HR personnel who have this unique know-how. Companies throughout the world are adapting to digitisation, making it even more necessary to have specialised HR personnel who have a well-rounded overview and understanding of their responsibilities and the sector. At IU, our graduates of the MBA specialising in Human Resource Management will have a firm grasp of business management, legal understandings, socio-psychological aspects, and HR management, making them the first choice in this competitive market.
Facts & Figures
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||On-campus||18 months|
April / July / October / January
|from 669 Euro per month||Bachelor’s degree, work experience, proof of English language skills|
Where you will be studying
You can pursue your MBA degree online or at the two German campuses in Bad Honnef, Berlin.
- International value
Benefit from our large global network of partners and a curriculum designed to make you succeed internationally.
- Career boost
Give your career the boost it deserves with our support during and after your studies.
- Maximum flexibility
Study completely online, on-campus in Germany or mix the best of both worlds! Talk to our study advisors to find out more.
Free Webinar and Q&A
Webinar: Study Online with IU 3:00 PM - 3:45 PM (CEST)
- Completed degree from a public or officially recognised university/higher education institution.
- At least a “satisfactory” or Grade C equivalent earned in your previous degree.
- Your undergraduate studies must amount to 210 ECTS to begin a 90-ECTS MBA.
- You will need to have at least one year of professional work experience before starting an MBA programme (achieved after previous studies).
- For MBA programmes, you will also need to have completed a second year of professional work experience before graduating.
Applicants whose first degree does not specialise in a business field can be admitted to our programme if their work experience is in business management. Admission to the MBA programme will then be decided on an individual basis following an interview with our academic staff.
- Proof of English skills.
Overall English Requirements:
- IU English Language course certificate (complimentary when signing up with IU - free of charge)
- TOEFL (minimum 80 points) or
- IELTS (minimum Level 6.0 out of 9 points) or
- Duolingo English test (minimum 95 points) or
- Cambridge Certificate (minimum B grade overall) or
- Equivalent proof
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Corporate Finance
- International Marketing
- Managerial Economics
- Performance Measurement
- Strategic Management
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Operations and Information Management
- Human Resource Management: Theory
- Human Resource Management: Practice
- Capstone Project Thesis & Defence
How does the course of studies work?
In the second semester of your MBA programme Human Resource Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Flexible Mix & Match
For this course, you can pick and choose if you want to study online or on campus. You can combine semesters at home with semesters at an IU location.
Your own pace
We have full-time and part-time study models for this course. You can choose how you want to study and how long this course will take to suit your schedule.
IU International University of Applied Sciences has received system accreditation from EQAR, FIBAA, the German Accreditation Council, the German Council of Science and Humanities, and WES Canada. This means their courses, faculty and teaching material all match the rigorous standards that have been set for them and they can now accredit their own programmes.
Cambridge Assessment International Education / High School Diploma Study Pathway.
IU is the first online university partner of Cambridge International's high school diploma pathway. By working with Cambridge, IU offers students a special chance to finish their high school diploma while studying for a bachelor's degree. Since they are required for your bachelor's degree, these high school diploma courses are free of charge. The Study Pathway is a unique 12 months course with a 150-hour workload which you take alongside your bachelor courses. The Pathway concludes with an exam that can be retaken an infinite number of times.
In the current CHE ranking (2020-2022), IU tops the Business Administration field in categories of "General Study Conditions," "Contact with Lecturers," "Study Programmes Offered," "Examinations," "Study Organisation," and "Practical Orientation," winning a total of six out of 25 categories and achieving more top category rankings than any of the more than 300 institutions. IU received a 5-star rating for online learning and a score of 99 out of 100 in the QS, Quacquarelli Symonds, Stars Report, making it the first German university to receive such a ranking. It was also given the FIBAA Premium Seal for Digital Excellence and has excelled in 15 out of 23 criteria, including categories like Future Orientation, Knowledge Management, Quality Assurance of Teaching, and retaining the rating for the next five years. It is the only training provider to get the DtGV's Service Award 2022 from the German Society for Consumer Studies given that it has a dedicated academic staff and trained study coaches who ensure that students are supported throughout their studies.
IU is a member of the Business Graduate’s Association, Online Learning Consortium, AASCB, and UNESCO's Global Education Coalition. These memberships give them connections to other institutions, companies, and NGOs as well as top-tier degree programmes and lifelong learning development courses. By leveraging cutting-edge technology, IU helps students in need to continue their education and pursue lifelong learning.
Two Degrees, Double the Advantage
IU International University of Applied Sciences (IU) has partnered with London South Bank University to give you the chance to have your degree validated by two institutions. When you choose this option, you’ll graduate from IU with both a German degree and a British degree, giving you a major career boost! This opportunity comes with no extra study courses or travelling.
What you will learn from us
- Master your management skills and train your analytical skills to become a confident leader in your field.
- Develop a sound understanding of general and engineering-related activities in project management.
- Understand relevant concepts and processes of product development, modern supply chains, and be able to differentiate different areas of the Internet of Things.
Program Tuition Fee
Our programme will benefit anyone aspiring for a management role in any industry. Upon graduation, you will be able to effectively bridge the gap between qualified employees and companies with their particular HR needs. Human Resources is a challenging field where you will deal with the effects of digitisation and the shortage of skilled workers. Our graduates will be able to use their in-depth knowledge and skills to mitigate such challenges and lead proactive recruiting. Career options for our graduates are broad, with options such as HR Business Partner, Personnel Selection Manager, HR Marketing & Employer, Recruiting Manager, People Development Manager, or Talent Manager, to name a few.
A human resources specialist is responsible for creating, evaluating and implementing HR policies in line with the company's needs and in compliance with a country's labour law. As an HR Specialist, you will also be responsible for the hiring process of a company, using your people skills and business knowledge to ensure that potential employees are the best fit for your company culturally and will bring value to it too.
The responsibilities of a talent manager include searching for talent, signing clients, and negotiating deals. To be successful as a talent manager, you understand the parameters of positions well, have a keen eye for talent, and are able to establish trust in order to ensure successful employee management. Ultimately, a high-quality talent manager has great business acumen and excellent presentation skills, something that an IU MBA will give you.
Your career? International!
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IU prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.