Executive MBA International Hellenic University (IHU)
The Executive MBA Program is being offered by the School of Humanities, Social Sciences, and Economics of the University Center of International Programs of Studies of the International Hellenic University. The program is designed to provide a postgraduate (master’s) level education in Business Administration and is offered to executives who desire to further their specialization in Business Administration. The flexible teaching timetable aims to enable students from miscellaneous backgrounds to attend classes. Furthermore, a variety of teaching methods are employed in order to facilitate learning, such as workshops, soft skills development sessions, and business seminars. The courses are taught exclusively in English.
Why choose the IHU Executive MBA
- Learn from top-class, internationally renowned academics and professionals.
- Collaborate with experienced colleagues from other countries and/or industries.
- Experience a ‘hands-on’ environment focused on a practical approach to learning.
- Establish a valuable network of life-long contacts.
To be considered for the EMBA, candidates are required to have:
- an undergraduate degree from a recognized University
- a minimum of three years of full-time work experience gained after graduation
- proof of English competence [a recognized certificate of proficiency of C1 level, recently acquired IELTS (academic 6.5 and above), or TOEFL (IBT, 95 and above) or TOEIC (745 and above) score]
The Executive MBA core courses offer a thorough understanding of the key functional areas within a company and an appreciation of their critical interactions and their impact on the organization as a whole. Core courses enable students to understand key concepts and apply practical skills directly relevant to their careers.
- Management of Organisations
- Quantitative Methods and Decision Analysis
- Human Resource Management and Leadership
- Operations Management
- Cost Management
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Entrepreneurship and Business Plan
- Digital and Strategic Marketing
- Corporate Finance
- Business Strategy
The elective courses
The program offers a rich choice of electives in diverse areas. Participants can come across, relevant to their current and future career orientation.
- Advanced Company Valuation
- Business Analytics
- Business Ethics & Social Responsibility
- Business Legal Environment
- Corporate Governance
- Energy Markets
- Project Management
- Product and Service Innovation
- Social Media and Consumer Behavior
- Supply Chain Management
The electives list is continuously updated to reflect contemporary business issues and student interests. Some of the elective courses may not be offered in a particular year, depending entirely on student demand.
The Business Consultancy Project
As a part of the IHU EMBA program, students submit an individual 10,000-word business project on a subject relating to their study and career.
The objective of the EMBA project is to provide insights, analysis, and conclusions grounded in academic discipline but also relevant to management. Projects are undertaken within an organization under the supervision of a member of the academic faculty.
The Field Trip
The EMBA field trip provides participants with the opportunity to explore first-hand the business practices in different South Eastern European countries. Groups of four students visit an organization in Greece and/or the region. The exercise not only helps to integrate the theory with practical application, but also places an important emphasis on the international aspects of politics, economics, and business in the region.
Professional Skills Development
The IHU provides Executive MBA students with the opportunity to develop a range of professional soft skills to enhance performance and manage complexity.
Managers are often concerned with individual or group responsibility for career development. The IHU EMBA offers a range of training sessions covering the exploration of work-related issues, development of new perspectives, negotiating skills, effective management of change, planning implementation, and personal development. These are all skills that are considered important in high-pressure and rapidly changing work environments.
The Professional Skills Development program has obligatory attendance and consists of two all-day seminars, during the scheduled weekends of the EMBA program.
The postgraduate studies for the Executive MBA program, which lead to the acquisition of a master’s degree, is a 1,5-year full-time program taught over a long weekend (Fri-Sun) once a month, in distance learning mode. The program curriculum requires the attendance of taught courses for two academic semesters and the implementation and submission of a master’s dissertation for one academic semester.
Teaching takes place in distance learning mode, once a month, except in April, August, and December.
The program starts every January and operates on the following schedule:
- Friday 13.00 – 20.00
- Saturday 9.00 – 17.00
- Sunday 9.00 -15:00
Examinations take place during these weekend periods.
Interested parties are invited to submit their application by January 12th, 2024, or until places are filled.
Application documentation must include the following:
- A completed application form (a passport-size photograph in digital form must also be attached to the application)
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Copy of the first cycle degree
- Copy of the transcript of grades
- Certification of English Language proficiency is demonstrated by submitting one of the following titles proving a very good level: IELTS (academic 6.5 or above), TOEFL (95 or above), TOEIC (745 or above). In case of the absence of these, other certificates of C1 level are also acceptable which prove, however, very good knowledge of English, according to those standards designated by the Greek Authority ASEP. Candidates who do not possess the relevant certification may submit an application on the understanding that, in order to be allowed to commence Postgraduate Studies, they must submit such a certificate by January 20th, 2023
For your application to be considered the above documents need to reach us in electronic form.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
Partial scholarships are available for exceptional candidates, where financial needs and exceptionally professional and academic records can be demonstrated.