Master of Business Administration Fairfax University of America
Future leaders and researchers will need to balance the goals of economic success with the constraints of greater social and environmental sustainability and globalization. Graduates learn to integrate core business fundamentals with changing human and information resources and innovative technology while nurturing data-driven, research-based, and analytical skillsets that give leverage for successful business and investment ventures.
The following microcredentials are offered as part of the program:
- Marketing Analytics: Marketing Measurement Strategy (MA: MMS)
- Market Analytics: Price and Promotion Analytics (MA: P&PA)
- Marketing Analytics: Competitive Analysis and Market Segmentation (MA:CA&MS)
- Marketing Analytics: Product, Distribution and Sales (MA: PD&S)
- Data Visualization with Tableau (DVT)
- Global Challenge in Business: Sustainable Innovation for Sustainable Business (GCB: SISB)
- Global Challenge in Business: Sustainable Business Enterprise (GCB: SBE)
- Global Challenge in Business: Global Strategy (GCB: GS)
- Globalization, Economic Growth, and Stability (GE&S)
- Value Chain Management: Managerial Accounting (VCM: MA)
- Value Chain Management: Operation Management (VCM: OM)
- Lean Six Sigma (LSS)
- Change and Business Leadership (C&BL)
- Business Leadership (BL)
- Ethical Leadership (EL)
- Business Development (BD)
- HR for People Managers: Preparing to Manage People (HRPM: PMP)
- HR for People Managers: Recruiting, Hiring and Onboarding (HRPM: RHO)
- HR for People Managers: Managing Employee Performance and Compensation (HRPM: MEPC)
- HR for People Managers: Capstone (HRPM: CAP)
The following certifications can be earned by graduates of the program through the certifying organizations offering them. Among the certifications that students can meet the minimum requirements for include:
- Certification Competency Business Analyst (CCBA)
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Entrepreneurship and small business certification (ESBC)
- Sustainable Business Certification (SBC)
- Certification Green Business (CGB)
- Change Management Certification (CMC)
- Society for Human Resources Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- Business Process Optimization Certification (BPOC)
- Demonstrate effective leadership and collaboration skills for making decisions and accomplishing goals that contribute to positive social changes.
- Synthesize and analyze empirical data and integrate it with business knowledge and skills to recommend credible and innovative solutions to organizations’ problems.
- Research and evaluate social, environmental, economic, and international factors and trends to develop effective and sustainable organizational policies and strategies.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills to communicate and disseminate information across diverse sets of stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ethical business practices in ambiguous or unfamiliar circumstances.
- Identify and explain complex business problems in terms of technologically savvy analytical models.
- Utilize big data (both qualitative and quantitative) to analyze business problems and recommend financially and socially feasible decisions to managers.
Social Innovation and Sustainable Businesses
- Understand the role of market and marketing strategies and how they can be harnessed for innovating sustainable business.
- Advise corporates, government, and non-government organizations to innovate environmentally friendly business strategies and implement them in ethically responsible management practice.
- Identify and analyze organizations’ behavioral and operational situations that need intervention.
- Implement innovative organizational development strategies and methodologies to help solve organizational situations and transform them into a long-term development trajectory.
Human Resource Management
- Analyze the operational and financial effectiveness of the human resources of business
- Plan and implement a human resource strategy that brings effective recruitment, professional development, employee compensation, and benefits to the business organizations.
- Identify and analyze efficiency and productivity gaps existing among products and services, processes, and resources in business organizations.
- Develop and implement plans for organizations to redefine and strategize for lean operations, asset maximizations, quality control, cost minimization, and building institutional capability.
Graduates from the MBA program should be able to provide leadership and applied research capacity to a variety of business settings. The MBA Program develops specialized knowledge for continuing education and growth in all fields of business and administration. Graduates of the Master of Business Administration can anticipate the following types of professional careers at the management, director, and executive levels:
| || || |
The MBA program has 36 credits of required coursework where students engage in and learn the skills and knowledge that all managers need.
Every MBA student must complete the following 4 courses (12 credits):
- BUSS 501 Descriptive Analysis and Data Visualizations
- BUSS 535 Management and Ethical leadership
- BUSS 582 Quantitative Analysis and Decision Making
- BUSS 601 Sustainable Business Metrics and Reporting
Required Courses for each specialization:
Students choose an area and develop specialized knowledge in that area. Additionally, students work toward a project or research paper in their specialization, aimed at developing specific career skills that they will use as they continue into their professional trajectory. The following are offered as specializations in this program:
Business Analytics Specialization (8 Courses–24 Credits)
All new Business Analytics specialization students need certain basic skills to prepare them for success in this field. This program prepares students to become proficient in practical data analysis and research skills by applying knowledge acquired in classrooms to real-world business problems. This program is also intended to produce graduates capable of doing applied research on business problems through the application of business analytics tools and methodologies.
- BUSS 502* Business Decision and Predictive Analysis
- BUSS 503* Business Intelligence Tools and Techniques
- BUSS 504* Advanced Business Analytics
- BUSS 539 Human Resource Analytics
- BUSS 545 Marketing Analytics
- BUSS 578 Business Risk Analysis and Optimization
- BUSS 579 Advanced Data Prediction and Business Optimization
- BUSS 582 Quantitative Analysis for Decision Making
- BUSS 587 Contemporary Issues in Applying Business Analytics
- BUSS 588 Ethical Dilemma of Business Analytics
- BUSS 604 Internship in Business Analytics
- BUSS 605* Capstone in Business Analytics
Social Innovation and Sustainable Business Specialization (8 Courses–24 Credits) Accepting Applications for Fall 2022
Social Innovation and Sustainable Business is designed to train students with the skills that integrate business knowledge with economic and environmental science to value the creative process to maximize financial and social benefits and achieve a sustainable ecosystem. This specialization is also intended to produce graduates’ cable of doing applied research on economics and sustainable business and social problems.
- BUSS 510 Social Entrepreneurs
- BUSS 515 Sustainable Business and Financing
- BUSS 518 Digital Social Innovations
- BUSS 550 Development and Globalization
- BUSS 553 Economics of Development
- BUSS 557 International Perspectives in Sustainable Business
- BUSS 560 Sustainable Business Metrics and Reporting
- BUSS 563 Contemporary Issues in Sustainable Business
- BUSS 665 Strategic Planning for Sustainability
- BUSS 680 Internship in Sustainable Business
- BUSS 693 Social Capital Innovation and Investment
- BUSS 695 Capstone in Sustainable Business
Organization Development Specialization (8 Courses–24 Credits)
Organizational development specialization is designed to train students with the behavioral science knowledge and skills that help organizations to develop strategic changes that impact organizations' effectiveness and competitiveness. This specialization will train students to become effective leaders and researchers in bringing dynamic organizational changes, mediating conflicts, leading diverse teams, train, and maintaining productive and innovative human resources capabilities.
- BUSS 506 Leadership in Organization
- BUSS 521 Human Behavior and Learning in Organizations
- BUSS 522 Organizational Change
- BUSS 535 Management and Ethical Leadership
- BUSS 540 Organizational Performance Measure
- BUSS 542 Strategic Change
- BUSS 544 Contemporary Issues in Organizational Development
- BUSS 547 Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business
- BUSS 624 Global leadership
- BUSS 626 Globalization and Organizational Development
- BUSS 632 International and Multicultural Issues in Organizations
- BUSS 635 Internship in Organization Development
- BUSS 640 Capstone in Organization Development
Human Resource Management Specialization (8 Courses–24 Credits)
Human resource management specialization is designed to train students with the management of people within the organization to achieve competitive business operations and lead effective human resource policies and strategies. This specialization will also enable graduates to undertake sound and credible applied research related to human resource management issues.
- BUSS 535 Management and Ethical Leadership
- BUSS 537 Talent Acquisition and Development
- BUSS 541 Principle and Practice of Human Resources
- BUSS 549 Human Resources Across Organizations
- BUSS 543 Finance for HR Professionals
- BUSS 545 Human Resource in Global Economy
- BUSS 548 Organizational Lifecycles and HR Applications
- BUSS 649 Organizational Leadership, Team Effectiveness, and Communications
- BUSS 551 HR Change Management
- BUSS 600 Consulting and HR Application
- BUSS 641 Capstone in HR Management
- BUSS 652 Strategic Human Capital Development
- BUSS 653 Internship in HR Management
- BUSS 656 Workplace Ethics
- BUSS 670 Theory and Practice of Diversity, Equity & Inclusiveness
Business Optimization Specialization (8 Courses–24 Credits)
Business Optimization specialization is designed to train students with the knowledge and skills in optimizing business performance in product development, project management, cost minimization, output productivity, and lean operations, product outsourcing, strategic procurement, product distribution, and overall supply chain management. This specialization will train students in various applied research methods of analyzing the existing business processes, developing models for process optimization, and alignment of business functions with organizations’ resource constraints.
- BUSS 511 Contracts, Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- BUSS 514 Risk Management in Project Management
- BUSS 527 Emergent Roles of Project Management in Business
- BUSS 580 Operations Management and Analysis
- BUSS 581 Supply Chain and Logistic Management
- BUSS 583 Project and Operation Management Seminar
- BUSS 584 Administration of Service Operations
- BUSS 685 Optimality of Project Financing
- BUSS 686 Managing Multinational Operations
- BUSS 687 Emerging Challenges in Business Optimizations and Technologies
- BUSS 688 Resource Optimizations Techniques
- BUSS 689 Internship in Business Optimizations
- BUSS 690 Capstone in Business Optimizations
Students who do not have previous coursework related to the foundational knowledge required for the program must fulfill up to three (3) additional courses or nine (9) credits across the following. This would increase the total number of credits that the student would take in addition to the 36 credits.
- BUSS 280 Introduction to Statistics
- BUSS 290 Introduction to Data Analytics
- BUSS 300 Organization Theory & HR Management
Students complete a capstone project that represents significant work related to the degree and specialization. The exact project is determined in consultation with the professor for the course.
At FXUA, we believe in equal access, innovation, and a future-ready approach to a college education. Our admission process is designed to achieve a class of 2025 who are smart, sensitive, practical, and believers not just dreamers.
The application process is very simple to follow:
- Step 1: Complete the FXUA application form
- Step 2: Upload transcripts and college essays.
- Step 3: Connect with our wonderful admissions team for an admissions interview. We will talk about everything but your grades. You know why? Because you uploaded your transcripts in step 2.
- Step 4: Receive an admission decision.
- Step 5: Make your decision and pay a deposit to secure your place.
We are there to support you at every stage. Please email or call our admissions team to ask any questions about your application process. If you are not sure what to write for your college essay we will help you brainstorm ideas. If you are unsure of your academic goals we can chat about future careers to help you decide.
To be considered for admission to FXUA, you must be comfortable with rapid and idiomatic spoken English. There are several different ways to demonstrate that you are proficient in English if your first language is not English or you have not studied in an English medium educational system:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Please visit www.toefl.org for more information on this examination. A minimum score of 90 (Internet-based test) is necessary for admission to FXUA. Your score must be reported directly to FXUA by the testing service.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System). Please visit www.ielts.org for more information on this examination. A minimum score of 6.5 is necessary for admission to FXUA. Your score must be reported directly to FXUA.
Letters of recommendations, portfolios, or any other supporting documents that you wish to submit please do so. These are not required but we will welcome additional information about your profile if you choose to share it with us.
Program Tuition Fee
Scholarships and Funding
As a mission-based institution, FXUA provides generous scholarships for all those individuals who are truly driven to succeed and have proven it with their actions to date. FXUA prides itself on being a true resource for individuals that wish to make a difference – both for themselves and the global community.