Master of Business Administration in Aviation Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
The Master of Business Administration in Aviation degree at Embry-Riddle provides strong foundations for success in any facet of the global aviation business arena. It provides traditional business skills but is unique in its focus on the aviation and aerospace industries. Though the degree provides specialized insight into the global business environment, it sets up graduates for success in non-aviation industries as well. The MBA in Aviation is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
The courses within the program deliver the required MBA core content while investigating trends in the key industry segments in the world of aviation.
The curriculum has been developed and continues to evolve with close attention paid to the demands of the industry. Most of the courses contain a research component that will provide experience and an insider’s examination of global business practices.
The program culminates with a capstone course for which students will write a strategic business plan.
With Embry-Riddle’s online educational opportunities, students have the flexibility to learn at a campus near them — or even in their own home.
About Business Administration in Aviation at the Worldwide & Online Campus
Embry-Riddle’s Worldwide campus offers the Master of Business Administration in Aviation that is ideally suited for working professionals, those who travel frequently, or anyone who seeks a flexible learning environment. The graduate of the program has all of the opportunities an MBA student enjoys with the added bonus of a competitive edge in a specialized field.
Specializations: Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Marketing, and International Business
Online classes provided by the College of Business Worldwide, allow students to learn at their convenience while still working collaboratively with fellow students and accomplished faculty. Students also have access to the University library’s vast collection of aviation-focused materials without having to leave the convenience of home or office.
The Master of Business Administration in Aviation program’s goals include:
- To help prepare graduates for leadership and management roles in the business industry
- Teach critical analytic skills in accounting, economics, international business, marketing, finance, operations research, and statistics
Requirements and Courses
Subject knowledge for specific graduate courses must be satisfied before enrollment in those courses is permitted. Students may enroll in graduate-level courses only if they meet prerequisite knowledge requirements. The ERAU graduate-level prerequisite course (BUSW 500) taken with ERAU must be completed with a grade of B or better.
Applicants for admission to the Master of Business Administration in Aviation (MBAA) program are required to meet prerequisite knowledge in the following areas:
- Accounting Methods
- Quantitative Methods
Students should assume responsibility to see that prerequisites are satisfied. However, students who still lack prerequisite knowledge in any of the above areas will be required to register for BUSW 500. The prerequisite subjects must be satisfied before enrollment in other MBAA courses is permitted.
The prerequisite knowledge can be validated through one of the following:
- Completed an undergraduate or graduate course in each of the specific subject areas and upon validation of the course from an official transcript; or
- Completed a course listed in either the National or ACE Guide for which academic credit in one of the specific subject areas is recommended; or
- Received at least the minimum recommended score on a CLEP, DSST/DANTES, PEP, etc. exam in each of the subject areas as required.
The Master of Business Administration in Aviation degree program is designed to emphasize the application of modern management concepts, methods, and tools to the challenges of aviation and business. The special intricacies of aviation are woven into a strong, traditional business foundation by combining a specific core of distinct business competencies with a strong aviation foundation.
The demand for skilled professionals continues to grow in response to the increasing need for leaders who can manage the efficient and effective use of scarce resources; operate in an atmosphere of heightened national and international competition, and respond to the call to preserve our world’s fragile eco-system – and the MBAA curriculum is oriented toward the needs of leaders and decision-makers who can operate in this environment.
Specific prerequisites for each graduate course in the MBAA are contained in the Graduate Courses section of this catalog. Students must assume responsibility to see that all prerequisites are satisfied. However, students who cannot demonstrate, through academic transcripts, prerequisite knowledge in one of the following areas (management, accounting, finance, quantitative methods, marketing, and economics), will be required to register for BUSW 500 Business Foundations. The prerequisite subject knowledge for a specific graduate course must be satisfied before enrollment in that specific course is permitted. Students may enroll in other graduate-level courses as they meet the specific prerequisite knowledge required.
Other Program Information:
As part of MBAA degree, students will take a comprehensive exam in MBAA 635, Business Capstone Course. The exam will test students’ knowledge of the core courses in the MBAA program.
Prerequisite (if required)
- BUSW 500 Business Foundations
- MBAA 514 Strategic Marketing Management in Aviation
- MBAA 517 Managerial Accounting for Decision Making
- MBAA 518 Managerial Finance
- MBAA 522 Business Research Methods
- MBAA 523 Advanced Aviation Economics
- MBAA 604 International Business Administration
- MBAA 635 Business Policy and Decision Making
Electives or Specialization Option
- Electives Option: Complete a total of 12 credit hours from any College of Business (COB), unduplicated courses. No specialization will be earned for this option.
- Specialization Option: Choose any 12-credit hour specialization from the list of College of Business Common Specializations
MBAA Program Notes:
- This program is available at selected ERAU Worldwide campuses and/or through partnerships as determined by specific articulation or contract agreements.
- BUSW 500 Business Foundations will not count toward a core or elective course for the MBAA Program. If taken, it will only serve to fulfill prerequisite knowledge requirements for management, economic, and quantitative methods.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.