The Ateneo-Regis MBA Program Ateneo Graduate School of Business - Cebu City Campus
The Ateneo-Regis MBA Program is a non-thesis program designed for senior managers and executives whose corporate responsibilities limit their time for pursuing graduate degrees and are thus compelled to complete the program as quickly as possible through accelerated methods.
Ateneo’s Graduate School of Business has long utilized a facilitated learning approach to workplace-based education, while Regis University has over time mastered the use of an accelerated mode of adult learning. Under a Program Development and License Agreement signed between the two institutions in 1997, a groundbreaking Ateneo-Regis MBA program was developed that used an accelerated facilitated learning mode to deliver a high-quality, high-impact executive MBA to workplace-based, experience-driven professionals who are prepared to take greater responsibility for their own learning and are ready and able to use their workplaces as their learning laboratory.
The Ateneo – Regis MBA Program will arm executives and business leaders of today with the theories, skills, value frameworks, and adaptive learning outlook that they will need in order to keep up with tomorrow’s dynamic and rapidly changing competitive environment.
- Developed by two distinguished Jesuit higher-education institutions: the Ateneo de Manila University, and Regis University (Denver, Colorado)
- Modular in its approach, with specified daily learning outcomes, activities, and assignments
- Focused not just on theories and techniques, but also on values and personal transformation
- Requires a total of 14 courses (42 units in total), made up of 12 core courses and 2 electives
- A Non-thesis program, with an integrating Strategic Management paper as the terminal requirement
- There are 5 terms per year and each term last for eight (8) weeks. Each course meets once every other week for eight (8) hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on a Saturday or Sunday.
- Student-centered focus that requires students to take greater responsibility for their own learning
- The workplace-basedWorkplace-based approach will require students to draw on their personal and professional experiences, and apply their learnings to their work even as they undergo the program
- Professors are facilitators of learning rather than lecturers. The instructors fly in from Manila to run the courses.
- The maximum number of students per class is twenty-five (25)
- Bachelor’s degree from a government-recognized institution in any field of study.
- Undergraduate weighted grade point average of 85% or B. Applicants who do not meet this requirement but satisfy other admission requirements may still pursue their application subject to further evaluation and the final decision of the Admissions Committee.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience at a supervisory or managerial level. Significant professional experience may be considered in lieu of the supervisory/managerial experience.
- Duly-accomplished Online Application Form.
- Two letters of recommendation, from former teachers and/or supervisors at work.
- A satisfactory score in the AGSB Entrance Examination.
- Interview, as may be required by the Admissions Committee.
- For international students, a visa valid for study in the Philippines and a validated Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR).
1. Core Courses (33 units)
- Business Ethics
- Leadership Effectiveness
- Quantitative Methods for Managers
- Operations Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Management Dynamics
- Human Resource Management
- Management Concepts for Information Technology
- Marketing Management
- Economics for Managers
2. Electives (6 units - take any two)
- Demand Management
- Economic Development
- Electronic Commerce
- Family Business Management
- Financial Analysis for Decision-Making
- Financial Engineering
- Global Market Analysis and International Trade
- Marketing Communications
- Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Law in the Business Environment
- Leading Organizational Change
- Project Management
- Lean Six Sigma
- Supply Chain Management
3. Integrating Course (3 units)
- Strategic Management