MBA in Shipping
ALBA Graduate Business School
12 - 48 months
Full time, Part time
EUR 19,750 / per year *
Earliest start date
* These are the full Tuition Fees for the whole duration of the program; installments and scholarships available* The program works on a rolling admission.
MBA in Shipping
The ALBA MBA in Shipping program provides students with the ability to make sound and timely decisions and to cope under pressure in the rapidly changing shipping environment. More than that, the program invests heavily in leadership and strategic management competencies, which are particularly relevant both as personal advantages and as essential resources for companies in this sector.
The ALBA MBA in Shipping Program is designed for:
- Highly motivated professionals with a clear aim to advance their career in management positions in the broader maritime industry
- Entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs with a vision to create value in shipping
- Members of family businesses preparing to take on increasing responsibility in their companies
- Professionals with the determination to enter the shipping industry
The MBA in Shipping Program starts in September every year and has a duration of 12 to up to 48 months.
Participants who wish to attend in full-time mode will conclude their studies in 12 months and will attend classes every day, during weekdays.
Working professionals who wish to attend in part-time mode will conclude their studies in 24 months the earliest (can be extended to up to 48 months) and will attend classes usually twice per week, during weekdays between 18:00 to 22:00.
The core curriculum provides students with the knowledge and skills developing required to gain a deep understanding of the fundamentals of management. The specialized shipping courses, both core, and electives are devoted to develop a comprehensive understanding of the shipping industry and to strengthen the analytical skills required for a successful career in shipping. Specialized workshops run in parallel and increase awareness in contemporary shipping issues.
Highlights of the Program
- International Recognition: The program is accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and validated by the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers (ICS).
- Ideal Location: The program is offered in Greece, a country with a long-standing tradition in shipping operations. Students benefit from the close links between ALBA and the Greek shipping community.
- Specialized courses in Shipping: Business Risk Management in Shipping, Maritime Economics & Policy, Chartering Policy & Charterparty Analysis, Maritime Law, and International Commodity Trade & Transport are just a few of the specialized courses delivered
by world-renowned academics in the field.
- Specialized shipping Workshops: Delivered by distinguished industry speakers in conjunction with professional bodies/institutions, these workshops provide in-depth insight into the cutting edge of shipping practice.
- Leadership Development: Through classroom teaching and personal coaching, students embark on a journey of self-awareness and personal development, identifying strengths and areas of improvement and putting their aspirations into a coherent and dynamic
learning plan for the future.
- Entrepreneurship: ALBA is one of the elite European Business Schools in entrepreneurship, as demonstrated by the exceptional performance of our student teams in the European Business Plan of the Year Competition (EBPYC). Students spend four months working on a business plan for a new venture, either to grow an existing business or to create a start-up and are expected to deliver
- Member of BIMCO, the world’s largest direct-membership organization for shipowners, charterers, shipbrokers and agents. All Alba shipping students have access to BIMCO, an organization that brings shipping people together to work for shared goals, and receive discounts on several BIMCO products.
- Links to the Industry and Support: Strongly supported by the Greek shipping community: significant networking opportunities and participation in activities such as educational field trips abroad/cruise trips, visits to shipping companies, ports and commercial vessels. ALBA is a not-for-profit educational association of 89 Greek corporations including leading shipping companies like, Arcadia, Navios, Paragon, Star Bulk, Thenamaris and Top Ships. Moreover Alba shipping programs are supported by WISTA Hellas, The Hellenic Shipbrokers Association (HSA), The International Propeller Club (Piraeus), the Master's and Mates Union of the Greek Merchant Marine, the International Community for Maritime and Ocean Professionals (SNAME) and the Green Award, offering several partial scholarships and financial aid.
On April 2021, Eduniversal published its new 2021 ranking of the Best Masters & MBA programs. The rankings include 50 specializations, covering 136 different countries within 9 geographic zones. More than 22,000 postgraduate programs from1800 universities and schools across the world were proposed and evaluated and 5416 programs were ranked.
Many of Alba programs appear in a prominent position within their category.
- The MSc in Shipping Management, ranked N° 16 in Maritime Management, Worldwide
Program Tuition Fee
During your studies here at Alba, you will experience numerous rewarding and exciting challenges. Apart from academics, selecting the right career path and finding the ideal job opportunity is an extremely important and difficult task. We at the Career Office are committed to supporting you in your job search and will provide you with a wide range of services so as to assist you in your career planning and development.
- Career Coaching
- Career Workshops and Masterclasses
- Career Events with leading companies in Greece and abroad
- The Alba Career Forum
- Job Placement Opportunities