An international, full-time and one-year flexible programme which promotes career development in an interchangeable journey between two major European business hubs: Porto, Portugal and Hannover, Germany.
Explore a new world and a new you
The Magellan MBA is a tailored journey since day one perfectly paced to provide you with the best amount of hard and soft skills, enlightenment and experiences which will enable you to expand the borders of your career, worldwide.
A one-year, intensive, international MBA programme, jointly accredited by AMBA – Association of MBAs and EFMD – European Foundation for Management Development (EPAS) in one of the best European Business Schools – Porto Business School.
A programme which is the result of more than 25 years of experience, that benefits from the power of small classes, allowing personal attention guidance and training, boosted by the fact that many professors have doctoral degrees from top universities in Europe and United States or are executives.
Since 2016, The Magellan MBA is running with 2 classes per year, in Portugal (Porto Business School) and in Germany (GISMA Business School). Students from both editions have access to exchange opportunities.
Porto Business School has the potential and the credits to make you achieve your goals, no matter how ambitious.
World Class Faculty
- Resident faculty (from U.Porto and Gisma Business School)
- Flying faculty (from other renowned business schools)
- Practitioners with a proven track record
Strong entrepreneurial approach
Through your journey in The Magellan MBA programme, you will be fitted out to become a true explorer and create your own path.
- Lean Launchpad programme: hands-on learning on starting an innovation-driven company
- Cohitec programme, which runs as an elective course and allows participants to team up with TEC researchers to test and build up a business plan for pacing a technology into market
- Fast Start Porto, an Acceleration Programme aimed for start-up projects, that takes place @Porto Business School
The Magellan MBA programme includes:
- One international week (included in the fee) in an Ivy League Business School, in the USA
- An international immersion programme (included in the fee) in a European top-ranked Business School
- International business exposure through final consultancy projects in multinational companies based in Portugal or Germany, such as Bosch or Continental.
Porto Business School has established a partnership with Boyden, a well-reputed executive search company, which allows participants to benefit from a personalised career counselling and coaching service, provided by executive search specialists.
- MBA Mentoring programme
- In the spotlight with
- Company visits
- Managers in class
- Luncheons with CEOs
- Talks with Alumni
If you have
- A degree (or equivalent) from an accredited university;
- A minimum of three years of working experience in any field;
- The ambition to accelerate your career in management by learning to excel in team management, leadership with a broader and strategic view of business;
- A global perspective of management regarding innovation and creativity as success factors for companies in an international environment.
You are the right fit for this programme. Jump on board
- Until the 31st of January | 20.000€
- Until the 2nd of May | 22.500€
- Until the 31st of August | 25.000€
The Magellan MBA offers a limited number of scholarships, covering between 25 and 75% of the programme’s fee. Country of origin (foreign students have priority), GMAT/GRE Score and previous academic and professional records should be taken into consideration by the Admissions Committee.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 31, 2017